THE DAY I LEFT FLORIDA

The morning of me leaving Florida was OVERWHELMING as hell.

Waking up in my uncles house with my boyfriend (AT THE TIME CHILE LOL); I met "Fred" on a online gay dating app while hoeing around and unintentionally catching feelings, being fresh to the LGBTQ world is was a different experience that I've never felt and it was hard to walk away. Prior to me meeting him I just became a 12th grader (August 2018) and MY BIRTHDAY IS IN AUGUST so a lot of things were happening in that one month for me, and (in my head) my family and I were having AVERAGE TEENAGE ARGUMENTS in everyone else's mind and now that i am older I understand that some of those things aren't AVERAGE OR NORMAL.

{Growing up in the foster care system was tough and terrible times but ALSO learning experiences that I can only THANK GOD for bringing me up the way THE LORD has raised and watched over me; I CAN EXPRESS HOW MUCH HONOR AND GRACE I HAVE IN MY HEART FOR THE ALMIGHTY GOD. Those experiences have taught me a lot about how to trust, honor, love, respect for others and myself, have an open-minded view on the world and how everyone else MAY operate; going through struggles in life brings the BEST/WORSE set of people and life experiences anyone could ever imagine could happen to me at my age. My life has been a roller coaster of emotional/physical/mental trauma and I am PROUD TO ADMIT THAT I OVERCAME EVERY LAST ONE OF THOSE STRUGGLES TILL THIS DAY!}

While going through those things with my family, being a HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR, Birthday(EGO REAL BIG FOR MY 18th BIRTHDAY), and trying to maintain a healthy relationship at that age was stressful. My birthday at the time was on a Friday; 3 days before having to go to school; my family (Adopted Family since August 2015) and I were celebrating my birthday at my Aunt Helen's restaurant where she's the main cook (I LOVE HER COOKING THATS MY HEART AUNTIE HELEN IF YOU READING THIS I LOVE YOU FOR LIFE) and she let me host my party at the restaurant I believe for half off and her discount. The party was my idea I tried to plan according to everyone's schedule most of everyone came even my big sister who I barely get to see or even speak to came out and I never felt what having a big sibling felt like and that moment warmed my heart when she said "come outside I'm here". My whole family knew I only wanted one thing and one thing everyone turning 18 dreams of having........A CAR!!! So on that day I was hoping and praying that they just surprised me with it at the end of the night BUT right after I gave up hope about them getting me a car....the next night they told me to come to the garage and help them move some boxes next thing I know they getting cameras out and yell SUPRISEEEEEEEE I was sooooo excited.

     After getting that car all hell broke loose in my brain/life/family/school. So a week into having the car I mess up and forget that I'm not grown and still have a curfew and still LIVING IN MY PARENTS HOUSE. Forgetting that I made terrible mistakes, picked up bad habits, forgetting about responsibility at home, slacking early with school. I got into a TERRIBLE fight which involved the police and I wasn't in the right mindset and felt like I was on top of the world and LEFT HOME/KICKED OUT and decided that I would be grown and take the car; which was a bad idea realizing that after I made the stupid mistake. After leaving home I started to rely on sleeping with people for a place to stay so I would get on a dating website and find people to sleep with for the night then to the next and next. It was a moment in my time where I felt like at the time that's what needed to happened. But now I don't do that.

     •July 08, 2019•
     *This is the official date I left Florida.*
I spent the night at a strangers house that I met online (YES I WAS SCARED BUT IM VERY VERBAL SO ILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT THE DEAL IS) because the previous night I left my ex and my uncles house due to the relationship ending because of cheating that was happening in my uncles house and he was very egotistical so that was already coming after 5-7 months of a terrible relationship. So while at this strangers house I came up with an idea to see if someone needs a roommate or is looking for a roommate so while looking......my friend, at the time......messages me and says "yea bro I got a place that my aunt is gonna rent to me and her daughter and we may need help." So I fall for the stunt and say okay sure that's cool.....so that same morning sitting in a Dunk-in Donuts I booked a one-way ticket to Atlanta Ga!!! I didn't tell anyone that I was even thinking about moving until the same day;I really didn't care at the time TO tell anyone because of they opinions. I wasn't getting any help from my folks like I should have and that changed the way I felt about them at the time. So while telling everyone I'm leaving, I'm packing up my things to get ready for my MEGABUS ride; that I booked for 2am so I can get to atl during the day and get my way around and such. That day was an experience all by itself to the point where I can remember the whole day. I did a spontaneous thing to get up and move with no money (using the last bit of money I had for my bus ticket) and make it as far as I have for 2 1/2 years (3 years in July). I'm very proud of the journey ATL has taken me on!!