Brainwashing Vs Absolution

Izuku returned just in time for Midnight to announce the next event.

"The final event will be.. a tournament!! You will all fight eachother in one on one battles until only one competitor remains at the top. Now, here are the brackets!!"

Izuku looked at the screen.

Midoriya Vs Shinsou.

Todoroki Vs Sero.

Iida Vs Hatsume.

Tokoyami Vs Yayorozu.

Shiozaki Vs Kaminari.

Kirishima Vs Tetsutetsu.

Bakugo Vs Uraraka.

Izuku looked around.

*I don't know a Shinsou.. I wonder what course he's from. Gen Ed most likely. Hatsume is the only one with Gear on. Maybe a mental quirk?*

Izuku was approached by a boy with wavy purple hair.

"Izuku Midoriya right?" He asked.

Izuku's eyes narrowed.

"Hitoshi Shinsou."

Fifteen minutes later, and Izuku was walking out of the tunnel and into the arena.

"On one side we have the dark horse of General Education, the kid who's been sneaking up on the frontrunners the entire festival! Hitoshi Shinsou!!!"

Shinsou stepped up onto the concrete arena, standing stock still just inside the border, a scowl on his face.

"On the other side we have the star of 1A, the strongest first year, Izuku Midoriya!!!" Present Mic continued.

Izuku stepped up onto the arena, taking his place inside the boundary line.

"Whoever submits, is immobilised or pushed out of bounds is the loser! Are you both ready?" Midnight asked.

Both Izuku and Shinsou nodded wordlessly.

"Begin!" She shouted.

Shinsou spoke the moment the match was started.

"It must be great, being born with a heroic quirk. How is it, having everything served to you on a silver platter?"

Izuku raised his eyebrow.

*Being overly aggressive. Looking for a reaction. Verbal? Mental quirk, non- physical. Not useful against robots. Works on living things only. Verbally triggered mind control quirk?*

"I assume you have a mind control quirk of some kind. Is it verbally activated? That seems incredibly useful."

Shinsou looked shocked.

"W-wha- how-?"

*Alright. Question needs to be directly answered. Offhand statements can dodge the effects.*

"You know, I've run into a lot of villains with mind control quirks."

Shinsou scowled.

"What are you-?"

"But I've also run into lots more muggers and villains with strength enhancers."

Now the purplette just looked confused.

"You said earlier that I had a 'heroic quirk'. Are you implying that your own is considered villainous? By that logic, All Might has a villainous quirk."

"Of course All Might's quirk isn't villainous!!" Shinsou spluttered.

"Why not?" Izuku asked carefully.