Chapter 6

I wanna try and makes this a long book (slow burn ) but i'm not sure i have the material for it unless i make the plot super dramatic which could be fun. Anyway i'm so happy to see more and more people reading, if you have a question or a tip please write in the comments. ily
———————————————————————————————

A few weeks had gone by since Chat's first visit to the Dupain-Cheng home, and he hadn't slept at home since. He knew it was dangerous for his civilian identity and for Marinette's safety, but he noticed that the nightmares were less common and if she did have them she didn't wake up, just mumbled in her sleep before Chat comforted her back to silence.

Chat had not figured out who was the person his princess was dreaming about. He had looked all over the internet, even the Ladyblog, but Chat Blanc wasn't mentioned even once. He was worried and had thought many times about confronting the girl but every time he decided against it, she seemed so peaceful when he visited, not that she wouldn't answer his puns and jokes with witty remarks as usual, but she just seemed less agitated and definitely more rested.

Adrien was having his fun at school, without making it obvious he was asking specific questions about what she did in certain hours of the day when he knew Chat was around. He noticed that her stuttering had gotten better, maybe it was because they were talking more often.

A faint knock on her trap door made her jump to open it immediately, without even questioning who it was. Chat Noir's visits were something that Marinette desperately looked forward to, she felt so comfortable around the hero and she was starting to develop a deeper feeling of... friendship, yeah, it wasn't love or anything, he was just very nice to her and she had never noticed this kind side of Chat when she was Ladybug. She always admired a quality like kindness, in the end it was how Adrien Agreste had made his way into her heart.

As she opened the window Marinette met those lovely green eyes that glowed in the dark. "Come in Kitty" he jumped in, "As always i'm here to protect you purrncess". She rolled her eyes but giggled. "I might as well give you the keys to the the lock Chat" she said in a nonchalant way as she fixed a few things in her room before going to bed. For Chat though these words were as heavy as stone, and as lovely as, well, Marinette. The idea of coming home after a long day at school, opening the trap door with his very own keys, and seeing Marinette doing the most casual things like doing her homework or sketching her designs, just like an old married couple would do, it warmed his heart. Wait, he only ever had thoughts like that with Ladybug, Marinette was just a friend, where was all this coming from?

"Chat..?" the superhero snapped out of it. "Yes?" he said innocently. "Did you even hear me? Do you wanna watch a movie before bed? I've been sleeping so much better lately i might be able to stay up a little more" she smiled and held up her computer. "Sure princess, do you have a movie in mind?"she grinned.

He could not stop laughing while Puss In Boots was starting, "shut up before i put on the live remake of the Cats musical" she treated. Immediately the boy was silent until he bursted out laughing again with the girl by his side doing the same. These little moments between innocent giggles over silly things were what Chat always looked forward to during the day.

They were in her bed, as always, his back against the cat pillow and Marinette's head resting on Chat's chest, she could hear his heart beating.

After not even twenty minutes Marinette dozed off after fighting with all her might to try and stay awake to spend some time with Chat. The boy noticed, he caressed her cheek and ignored the movie while looking at her beautiful face, she had fallen asleep with a faint smile on her pink plumped lips. He just wanted to hold her like this forever, keep her safe from all the bad in the world while wrapping his arms around her and maybe kiss her pretty lips. Wait. Through the denseness that Adrien possessed he realized something that he probably should have understood before. He had developed a crush on Marinette Dupain-Cheng.