Chapter 14

almost 300 reads omfg i'm so happy i love you all so much especially those who are commenting (you know who you are i literally love you).  Enjoy! (am i going to rip off the Luka and Marinette speech? yes, am i gonna regret it? no)
—————————————————————————————

Both Marinette and Adrien had not slept much that night. The girl for once had not had any nightmares but that was only because she had been crying most night because of Chat, when she finally fell asleep there wasn't enough time for her to dream. Adrien had done the same, occasionally distracting himself with video games.

"Plagg it's no use ok?" the blond said. It was almost 5 am and the Kwami had tried to make his best friend laugh or at least smile by dancing, telling jokes and even offering his cheese, but nothing had worked. "I'm so sorry kid" but the boy didn't answer, as he had finally fallen asleep, the sign of tears streaking his face.

Marinette woke up and felt her body ten times heavier than it usually was, she had barely slept the night before. "Oh Tikki i'm a terrible person"the little Kwami tried to comfort her "You did what you thought was best for the world Marinette, that's what heroes do".

"Yeah but i broke his heart anyway, even if that means he won't know my identity" she said as she got out of bed and sighed "I'm so tired of being a hero Tikki".
———————————————————————————————————

Adrien entered the class and as if it were reflex he looked over to Marinette, she seemed so tired and sad, her eyes puffy and red, her movements slow and exhausting looking, just like his. Wait why was she like that? She had no right. She was the one that had broken it off with him. A wave of rage took him over, but he calmed down as looked in her eyes, she looked so tired, of everything.

"Marinette are you okay?" Alya hadn't arrived yet but Marinette was grateful, she needed some time alone, but she was more than happy to see Adrien. "Not really but all i need is some sleep" Adrien wasn't thinking, he barely realized that he wasn't Chat. "Marinette seriously you've use the same excuse countless times and we all know something is wrong, what is really going on with you? How can i help you if you don't tell me what's wrong?!" she stared at him in shock as his eyes widened, realizing what he had just said.

But apparently it was the right thing because she jumped in his arms "I just can't do this anymore, the responsibilities, i can't handle them, i don't get to be what i want to be and do what i want to do Adrien" she whispered. He put his arms around her and caressed her back "You can be yourself with me Marinette".

They separated from the hug, tears stinging both their eyes. Marinette noticed that Adrien looked tired too, his eyes as puffy as hers. "Thank you Adrien, but you look as bad as me" he chuckled drily if only she knew. "I'm just tired" they laughed, a little bitterly, at the irony, both feeling better, as their two best friends entered the class.

—————————————————————————————-

Chat was enjoying the warm air, Paris was so peaceful tonight, especially from the top of the Eiffel Tower. He was sitting on the metal banister, he could see in the distance the Notre Dame, and next to that, Marinette's house.

Sadness invaded his heart as he thought of her, her beautiful bluebell eyes, her smile and how fun and easy it was to make her blush. He missed her so much, so so much it almost physically pained him.

As tears rolled down his face he thought at the last words he had told her, or almost told her. Why couldn't she accept his love? Why didn't anyone accept his love?

"Hey Chat" Ladybug said in a cheery voice, she couldn't show him how much pain she was dealing with, he probably would have connected the dots. But as he turned around she noticed that his eyes were red, and she felt her heart shatter, again.

"Kitty what's wrong?" she said as she sat down next to him. He weakly smiled and sniffled "Well she broke up with me, my princess, and i don't even know why" Ladybug fought to hold her tears, she had to be strong for Chat, she was her best friend right now, not the girl who had broken his heart.

She hugged him and they were silent for awhile, as they stared at the city they protected everyday.
"Chat?"
"Yes Lb?"
"What's your favorite food?"
Chat Noir turned his head to face her "Did you just ask me what my favorite food is?"
"Yeah why? It's not weird" she answered, her hands on her hips. He chuckled "Jiaozi why?"

Ladybug got up and winked "Be right back" and jumped into the night.

———————————————————————————————

The Chinese food containers were scattered around the floor as they ate and talked. It was around midnight when Chat said "I think it's best i go to sleep, i didn't get much rest last night". As he was picking up the garbage of the platform of the tower he turned to Ladybug "Thank you Lb, i couldn't ask for a better friend" he smiled and winked as he jumped off the tower, not even waiting for an answer.

"Anyone would have been better than me Chat" she whispered into the night.