Chapter 19

i took so long to write that last chapter, i had to make it logical but at the same time realistic? idk i hope you guys liked it

500 READERS OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU

ps i deleted 500 words by accident while writing this chapter and i am currently banging my head against the wall

Nvm found a way to bring it back to normal so i just got myself a concussion for nothing

——————————————————————————-

"Miraculous Ladybug" she exclaimed as the red storm of magic butterflies fixed the city. She gaped as her magic powers brought everything back to normal and took a deep breath as she turned around to face him.

He was there, standing a few meters away, on his face an expression that was a mixture of sadness and relief. Marinette couldn't resist, it had been so long. She ran into his arms, he was surprised but soon enough he reciprocated the hug as she buried her head in his chest.

They were silent for a few minutes before Chat broke it "Everything's okay Little Bug" he whispered in her ear. The tension left Ladybug's body, he wasn't mad or sad or disappointed, he still cared for her. This was not the way she had hoped she would reveal herself to him. She actually hadn't want to reveal herself to him at all, especially after Chat Blanc, but maybe she was wrong not to trust him.

As if he had read her mind he whispered "You can't live in fear that I will become him, because i promise you i won't, i could never hurt the girl i love". Ladybug raised her head to face him and she meet those green eyes that held all the love that she could possibly ask from anyone staring down at her "I love you too Chaton"

————————————————————————————-

The cat hero had accompanied Ladybug home, they had not talked on their way there, they were both nervous. She de transformed as she entered her room, Chat following her inside.

He sat down on the chaise longue in her room as she paced up and down, her hands clasped behind her back, thinking. "Ok so... now i know who you are" he said finally. Marinette sighed "I'm so sorry for breaking your heart Chat, twice, i really didn't mean to, i- i was just scared and maybe I was over thinking it, or maybe I was right? Oh no that can't happen, right? Well there is Bunnix and I'm rambling ". He smiled at her, he found it so cute when she rambled.

He quickly turned serious and nodded accepting her apology, he knew it wasn't because she had wanted to toy with his feelings, but then,something didn't make sense. "But if you liked me as Marinette, and you are a Ladybug, why didn't you like me back as Ladybug?" the bluenette sat down at her desk chair and spun around to face him, she had a lot of explaining to do. "Well because in battle i was always so focused on what was going on that i missed those bits in which you actually were sweet and caring, whereas as Marinette the whole reason we became, well, close was because you were so kind" Chat nodded and the girl quickly added "It's not that i don't like your jokes and stuff, i just thought you were really just a flirtatious, i didn't realize it was just a funny act".

The hero's shoulders tensed, this girl could see right through him. "Now that i think about it why did you come and visit me in the first place?" she asked, her elbows on her knees and her face in her hands. Chat cleared his voice "Well Marinette, because we know each other in the real world" he smiled awkwardly.

"WHAT?" she yelled, Chat knew who she was, that meant that one of her friends was Chat Noir. She skimmed through all of them but no one acted like him in the slightest. Omg she had slept in the same bed as one of her guy friends, how embarrassing. She knew he had his own life under the mask but it felt so odd now.

Chat quickly tried to ush her before someone would get alarmed but as she was about to open her mouth they heard a knock on her trap door "Marinette, can i come in? I heard you yelling are you alright?" asked Mrs Cheng. The girl looked around her room and pushed Chat Noir in her closet, making space for him while shoving some boxes to the side and closed the door.

"Yeah you can come in Mom" she said while leaning awkwardly on her chair attempting to look casual. Chat could see through the closet door slightly ajar as she plastered a white toothy smile while her mother entered, she was still slightly red from what he had told her. "Why did you yell dear? Is someone else in her?" Sabine questioned while looking around. Chat quickly scooted away from the opening of the closet and looked over towards the boxes, in the faint light he thought he could see his name, his civilian name, written on one of them. He reminded himself to ask Marinette about that.

"No Mom no one is here, i-i was just talking to Alya on the phone, yeah. We were talking about tonight's akumatization" Sabine gazed at her daughter with such love and understanding, but strangely her eyes also held a sort of pride and sorry for her for some reason. "Okay dear but get to bed, it's late and you have school tomorrow" she kissed her forehead as her teenager wished her mother a goodnight.

As soon as she was out of the room Marinette sighed, that was way to close. "You can come out now Chat" she whispered. He stumbled out of the closet and the girl gave him a hand to help him get up to his feet "Okay so to sum things up, you just found out that Ladybug is Marinette and Marinette knows Chat Noir, this was obvious, but apperently I know your civilian form too, quite well from what it sounds" she said so quickly she had forgotten to breath in the meantime.

The cat hero nodded "And seen as I know your identity it seems only fair that I-" Marinette raised her hand to stop the hero. "You shouldn't feel forced Chat, you found out who i was only by mistake" he took her wrist and brought her closer "You fell in love with me, Chat, my true side. My civilian form is more boring but Chat is who i am, so I'm not scared Princess" she smiled at him, she knew she would still love him, whoever he was under the mask, she just didn't want him to feel forced. "Ok Chat" she smiled as he pronounced the de transformation words

"Plagg, claws in"