co-stars (evanstan) PT 1

HI this is an evanstan fic, and it's going to be a lot longer than my other oneshots, so it will be split up into a few parts. i also wanted to post what i had written so far so yall can get some contentttttt. also i no joke started writing this a over year ago and i'm gonna finally finish it. ok ye i hope you enjoy it so far.

"chris, i have a role for you." said chris's manager over the phone.

"keep going.." chris sighed, paying more attention to dodger, who was running around in front of him with his toy.

his manager went on the explain the role, and chris had to say, he was quite interested.

"two newlyweds..." (guys don't expect me to come up with a whole movie plot all you need to know is the main characters are two newlyweds)

"that sounds great! id love to." chris said.

"yeah, but there's a catch.."

chris felt a little panic rise in his chest. it's couldn't be that bad, right?

"you play a gay man."

chris went silent. he was surprised. he didn't have anything against that, quite the opposite actually. he was bisexual himself, but he wasn't fully out yet. he was to close friends and family, but to the world? not so much.

chris tried to regain himself. "u-uh yeah that.. yeah i mean- i gotta come out some time or another, right? why not now? this is the perfect opportunity. yeah, im still down. it sounds cool."

"great! oh and one more thing. your co-star? the one who plays your husband? sebastian stan has already agreed to play the role." then, the manager hung up the phone.

chris nearly choked. sebastian? was gonna? seb? jesus christ he just agreed to play the role of a gay man married to sebastian stan. chris was gonna have to.. kiss sebastian and probably do a lot of other things. not that he minded. sebastian was perfect. but the two had such a good friendship! this could ruin it. but then again, they were both actors. both of them knew not to take romance in acting seriously. he was actually kind of excited at the thought of getting to kiss seb..

no! what the hell was he thinking. chris could still back out, it was fine. he would tell his manager that he changed his mind, and everything would be fine.

just then, his phone buzzed. chris grabbed it and looked at the screen. it was a text from sebastian.

'hey dude! i just heard you accepted the role for this new movie! im so excited to be working together again. it's gonna be awesome.'

chris stared at the message in shock. how was seb being so cool about this?

'uh yeah! im super excited too. its a little weird though, playing husbands.' chris typed back after what felt like forever of deleting and retyping.

seb replied instantly. 'huh, i guess. in this line of business you gotta kiss your friends sometimes, that's just how it works. but don't worry about that! the romance scenes will be over before you know it, and then we have plenty of time to have fun.'

chris nodded to himself. sebastian was right, he was just being stupid. 'yeah, yeah you're right. yeah it's gonna be a lot of fun.' he responded.

'i told you so! it's gonna be great!!!!' seb replied.

chris stares at the text for a while, completely overthinking it before he finally decided to reply with a thumbs up emoji.

why did he have to overthink everything. he's an actor for gods sake. he had had plenty of on screen romances in the past, it was never weird. so why was this different? was it because this time it was a man? maybe. or was it because this time it was with seb.