Twisted Fate

Background

It was a foggy day as most spring days in the hills of Scotland were and the sounds  of mythical creatures and students chatted away in the courtyard and the fields. Only one was not interested in conversation and that was the young witch Evangeline who was known as Evie by all her friends only her father, professors and some unknowns called her by her birth name. A young witch still trying to find her way after her mother died the year previous and throughout many struggles one being relentless tormentors and not to mention the fact she even outwitted Herminone on the best of days left her feeling isolated. Only a few people truly knew what happened to her mother and those who did kept it far from being known out of fear from Evie's father. He was a ruthless yet kind man to those who he cherished Evie and was always his pride and joy. Mess with his child it meant a tussle no one dared wanted. Dumbledore asked the professors to keep an eye on young Evie Harlow. They all obliged but one in  particular went more in depth with the young witch although never really forthcoming always was in the shadows waiting to be her protector. He felt as if his time at Hogwarts was very similar and wished he had someone to be there for him and alas never did. The woman he fell in love with perished at the hands of an evil hollow and he was left emotionally scared but never truly let it show but his firm hand with troublemakers and incompatant imbeciles even left Mcgonagall shudder from time to time but she knew his teaching methods methodical but always showed the results at the end of the year exams. He himself being the head of Slytherin house allowed him better access to the student he held dear. Evangeline was a young 18 year old witch who flourished in potions almost too well if Snape didn't know better he would expect her of cheating but since there were so many spells and charms surrounding his classroom it was virtually impossible. Not to mention he was very tall and could scout a cheater from the front of the classroom. It was almost alarming to say the least. He looked forward to the classes with Evangeline; her intelligence, mind and stautur were very becoming. He in fact treated Evangeline with no special treatment even if he did look at her like his friend almost or so he thought.