Chapter 10: Confession

"Severus I need to tell you something *she said in a low almost unhearable whisper* She rolled up her sleeve "Defalliggio" she said as she pointed to her arm. Snape was shocked and didn't know how to react. "My mother put the curse on me before she left the death eaters and moved to the muggle world. She wanted me like her….My father and my mother divorced shortly after. It was when Voldemort found her she was killed but he had no idea that I was given the mark… it burns from time to time and I try to ignore it. Usually when it does I hide in your classroom." Snape couldn't believe what he was hearing. The young woman who he had had feelings for was tormented in ways he could barely understand her past haunted her and knew how that felt all too well… He sucked in his breath… " Who else knows that you have it" He asked quietly. " Only my father and now you." She had a tear in her eye. "Darling come here." He hugged her tight and kissed the top of her head. No one else needs to know. They hugged in silence as she wept quietly into his chest.

As the clock struck 12pm they knew they had to leave to go back before others got suspicious of their whereabouts. They left and apparated to his classroom. "Hello Professor." A snarky voice peaked out of the corner it was Draco. "Mr.Malfoy to what do I owe the pleasure?" Snape said in a sarcastic voice " Well Professor I see you have finally arrived with Evangeline… dont worry your secret is safe with me….. but I must know does she know?" He rolled up his sleeve showing the same mark they all shared.  "Yes Draco I know." Draco's eyes looked down at the ground " Well I wish you didn't know we must keep you on Hogwarts grounds… The dark lord has been asking about you… making sure you aren't snooping like your father is." " What do you mean by snooping?" She was intrigued. "He has been looking into death eaters and who has been recently going missing… Evangeline stay away and distance yourself from him I dont want you getting hurt." Evangeline was shocked at his words… "Draco that's rich coming from you… making my life a living hell forever and now you're concerned about me?" Snape was finding this semi amusing seeing his Eve getting snarky and almost vicious to one of her tormentors. "Evangeline look I don't want you to end up like your mother." He realized what he said after he looked at Evangeline's eyes. "What did you say??? She was furious only three people were to know about those details and it was to be kept hidden. Her eyes were full of fury and if they could kill draco would definitely be dead. "Evangeline I'm sorry but I need to tell you I was there with The Dark Lord he was trying to show me a lesson. I didn't know she was your mother until after…..* He trailed off* Thats why I was such an ass to you I didn't want to get close to you after knowing what I did." Evangeline finally knew why Draco was the way he was with her. " Draco… we have to tell you something."