Chaper 18: Embers

They laid next to the fire in ecstasy. He held her in his embrace tightly as their naked bodies entwined. Her head on his chest. He breathed for her, lived for her and she did the same. She looked at him with soft set eyes and admired every curve and structure of his face. He pulled her face to his and kissed her lips. " I love you Evangeline." The words fell out tenderly. " And I am in with you." She caressed his face and kissed his lips.  The words sounded like heaven upon his ears. He got up wrapped her in a blanket and carried her bridal style up the stairs and into his bedroom. He laid her in the bed and pulled her near.  He caressed her and she laid her head on his chest. They laid there with their hearts full and in time they drifted off to sleep holding each other.

The sun peered through the curtains causing them to wake up. They glanced at each other and smiled. He was happy but he knew that today was going to be terrible in the evening he had a meeting at the Malfoy Manor. He was dreading it. She realized how fast his facial expression changed and went into sorrow. She muttered something under her breath and saw everything. "Protego'' Snape spat. " My dear whatever made you think it was okay to enter my mind?" Snape said harshly. " Well hun now we are even." With a smirk. She straddled his hips and placed a kiss on his cheek and ran out of the room to the shower. " Slippery little minx" said Snape yelling through the door. "I'm sorry I couldn't hear that. But I love you too" She was giggling. Snape decided he was going to make breakfast while the shower was occupied. He loved this: the way they were able to banter and tease back and forth the way his pillows smelled like her he was in paradise. He was making waffles and squeezing oranges. He hated pumpkin juice. It was too sweet. Evie came down the stairs wearing a white jumper, black pants and boots. She felt great and Snape thought she looked stunning…. in anything. " Hi there darling, don't you look beautiful this morning." She giggled looking at the half naked man in front of her making breakfast… she glanced at his torso, it was trim and had seen the edges that she loved caressing. " You know Sev you are a work of art yourself." She said charmingly. " Well my darling then I guess we are in agreement. We both find each other exquisite." He smirked. " Why don't you eat breakfast dear..*he kissed her forehead* I'm going to get in the shower." She sat at the island eating breakfast while he showered. She sighed and thought I love it here. She never wanted to leave but unfortunately she had to return to school for a couple more days until holiday.