On The Run

On The Run.

Peter soon found himself standing outside of Agnes's house, the doors to the underground basement were now locked. He was going to have to find another way into the building, he was the right man for the job after all. He could get into anywhere, his past life of illegal activities sometimes came in handy in situations like theses. Walking forward Peter trampled through some purple coloured flowers, he soon stepped onto the stone pathway and walked towards the front door. But he wasn't planning to use the front door, he zoomed across the front lawn and made his way to the backyard. He would be able to get inside of Agnes's house without being noticed in the backyard, but when got there the back door was wide open. Peter looked over shoulder before he ventured into the building, he quietly closed the door behind him and found himself in the kitchen.  

The kitchen was modern and clean, it's fixtures were mostly dark oak. It looked like Agnes prided herself in a tidy house, the rooms decor was elegant in an old fashioned kind of way. Peter scoped out the kitchen, he could smell the scent of fragrant flowers wafting through the kitchen from the living room's doorway. There was a loaf of sliced bread on the counter side with a bottle of opened milk near it, he wandered over to the counter and picked a jar of strawberry jam up from the side. He sniffed the jar and recoiled from it's scent, it smelt funky.

" What are you doing here?!" 

Peter frozen when he heard a woman's voice coming from somewhere behind him, he spun around on his toes and threw the jar at the unknown woman. Half of the jars contents spattered across the kitchen's floor before it smashed against the wall near the woman, but he was relieved when he saw Monica standing in the doorway. Monica just stood there with a shocked expression on her face, she hadn't been expecting him to throw the jar at her. Peter winced and tucked his hands into his short's pockets, he cleared his throat before he spoke to her.

" Sorry, I didn't mean to do that..." Peter said. 

" What are you doing here?" Monica asked.

" I came to search the house, I thought you could do with some backup." Peter replied while he approached her. " Don't worry, Tommy is with my teammates. He's perfectly safe, my Father is watching over him."

" Your Father?" Monica asked.

" Yeah, he's cool." Peter replied.

" Okay then, let's search the living room." Monica said.

Peter walked ahead of Monica and entered the living room, it was dimly lit. Only so much light was being allowed to enter the room, there were dark heavy curtains blocking most of the light out. The smell of hay caught his attention, there was an empty cage on a side table near the couch. He walked around the room and examined everything, the place was very clean. Monica told Peter that she had already checked the upstairs rooms, she hadn't found anything suspicious up there. Running his finger tips along the top of a cabinet Peter's attention was soon drawn to the coffee table, there was two half eaten sandwiches on table top still. The twins had been eating sandwiches the last time he had seen them together, he zoomed over to the coffee table which startled Monica. He sometimes forgot that people didn't know about his mutant ability, he was always use to having his own kind around him in his reality. 

" Please don't do that!' Monica said.  

Peter apologised to her before he picked one of the plates up from the table, he smelt it before he pulled the leftover sandwich apart. The bread was dry, the jam and peanut butter filling inside of the sandwich didn't smell that great neither. There were purple coloured stains running through the filling, it looked like something had been sprinkled on sandwich before Agnes had served them up to the boys.