Radio Silence

Chapter 11!

Radio Silence

The sky was red and swirling, the trees creaked and bowed when the wind picked up. The town of Westview was in danger, there was a magical storm coming. Vision had concerns for his family and the imprisoned citizens of this peculiar town, this didn't bode well for anyone at this very moment. Peter and Vision remained still while they watched the sky above them, they had no idea what was coming their way.

" I need to find Wanda and the boys..." Vision said.

" Okay." Peter said before her looked at his companion. " I need to find someone too, she may need my help."

" Then this is where we part ways for now." Vision said, he looked at Peter and offered him his hand. " It's been a pleasure meeting the real you, I wish you luck on your journey my friend."

" Likewise." Peter said.

Peter shook Vision's hand and wished him good luck too, he was going to need it Agnes had the Darkhold. Vision raised from the ground and looked at the highway ahead of him, he knew this may not end well if Wanda lost control of her powers. Peter watched him fly towards the town, he soon disappeared from his sight.

" Okay, which way do I go?" Peter asked.

Looking over his shoulder and back along the highway he sighed to himself, he maybe looking in the wrong place for Monica. Surely she wouldn't have come this far out of Westview, there wasn't any places to hide out here in the middle of nowhere. He looked back towards the town and thought for a moment, he needed to retrace the twins footsteps. He needed to go back to the town square, but his thoughts were interrupted by the sounds of a vehicle driving along the highway. He looked over his shoulder and stepped onto the grassy embankment of the highway, the vehicle approaching him looked familiar. The vehicle pulled up in front of him and the person driving it peeped it's horn at him, he soon heard a woman's voice from the open window. 

" Hey hot stuff, do you need a ride?" She asked.

" Darcy?" Peter asked before he approached the vehicle. " What are you doing here?!"

" Oh you know I'm just out on a little joyride." Darcy replied, she rested her arm on the open window. " Where are you heading? Did you need a lift?"

" Back into the town." Peter replied, he tilted his head to one side and rested his hands on his hips. " I'm looking for Monica, she could be danger. Have you seen her?"

" Weird, I'm actually looking for somebody too!" Darcy replied. " A tall guy with red skin, he goes by the name Vision."

" Wait, you know Vision?" Peter asked.

" Yeah I do, he saved my arse from a circus career!" Darcy said in a humorous tone. " Have you seen him? The guy up and left me at a crossroads, kind of rude if you ask me."

" He's heading into town, there's some shit going down with Wanda." Peter said before he looked back along the highway. " I should get going, I need to find Monica."

" Good luck out there, Peter Maximoff." Darcy said with a smile. " It was nice knowing you, keep safe out there."

" Take care, Darcy Lewis." Peter smiled.

Peter waved to Darcy before she drove off down the highway, he hoped his new friend would stay out of Wanda's way. Pulling his goggles over his eyes the world around him slowed down, the barrier above him rippled and continued to keep the outside world out. Peter zoomed down the highway and entered the town, he made his way through the streets before he found himself near the ice cream stall on the sidewalk. He pulled his goggles away from his eyes and watched some people hurrying passed him, there was panic on the streets of Westview.