It's Time To Let Go

Chapter 12!

It's Time To Let Go

Peter had been sitting in the town square for hours since Wanda had left with her family, he had nowhere else to go. He watched the soldiers around him, they were helping the confused citizens of Westview. It seemed like things were returning to normal, the town wasn't under Wanda's control anymore. The citizens were now free, their minds and lives were their own. The night soon crept across Westview, the streets soon became silent and empty. There was the odd solider lingering and patrolling the streets with weapons, but mostly everyone else had returned to their homes or left the the town while they had a chance. Peter's gaze lingered on the street ahead of him, he could see the odd shimmer of red waves on the buildings. The neighbourhood around him was changing, the town was now returning to how it use to be before Wanda had chosen this place to call her home.

Peter felt an odd sensation move through his body, he looked at his hands while he got to his feet. He himself was still the same, there was nothing to change about him since he didn't belong in this world. He looked around the town square, while he tucked his hands in his jacket pockets, the place felt dull and cold. He wanted to check out the town, he needed to see what this place was like without Wanda's influence over it. He decided to take it slow for once, he took a deep breath before he ventured down the street.

The stores were closed since it was the early hours of the morning, some of the store's windows were boarded up. It looked like some of the store had gone out of business months ago, it seemed like Westview wasn't great like it had been in Wanda's little sitcom world. Peter turned left out of the town center and found himself on the street that led towards Maple Street, he knew this street very well. He could see the sun raising above some rooftops at the end of the street, he soon checked his watch and noticed the hands settling on 9am. He had no idea what was going on, but it seemed like time had sped up for a short period time. 

The houses ahead of him looked dull and weather beaten, it meant that Wanda's spell had come to an end. Pulling his goggles over his eyes he zoomed down the street and stopped outside of the Maximoff residence, his eyes grew wide. The house was no more, it had disappeared. He could see Wanda standing in the middle of what would have been the living room, she had he back turned on him. He opened the gate and stepped onto the pathway, the house he once knew was nothing but an outline. The walls were gone and the once colourful flowers growing in the flowerbed were withered, the whole patch of land around the house was lifeless. He soon spotted Wanda walking through the doorway, she looked exhausted. He took a couple of steps towards her before made his presence known, his voice broke the silence between them.

" Wanda..." Peter said.

Wanda stopped dead on the pathway and stared at him, she looked surprised to see him. They kept eye contact until Wanda burst into tears, she soon fell to her knees. Her heart was broken all over again, he knew that she had made a hard decision to save Westview instead of her family. She had lost Vision and her children, he couldn't imagine how she felt since he didn't have any kids or a partner. He hesitated before he approached her, he didn't know what to say to her. But Wanda broke the silence between them, her voice was full of sorrow and despair.

" They've gone, I've lost everything..." Wanda cried.

" You've not lost me, I'll help you find them again..." Peter said, he crouched in front of her and pulled his goggles away from his eyes. " They're still out there, I know that for a fact."

" And how do you know that?" Wanda asked.

" Let's call it a hunch." Peter replied.

" How can you be so sure?" Wanda asked.