Dinner.

The Assembly hall was grand and beautiful with 8 different tables, one for each of the 7 different years and one for the teachers.

"This is the 6th year table" Amber explained, sitting down next to some random people who were apparently also in their year.

"We sit on this table... always." Emily added. "And when we're in 7th year, we'll sit at that table." She pointed to the next table where Leah could see Holly sitting and talking with her friends.

"Where are you from?"

"What school did you go to before"

"Do you have a boyfriend? Girlfriend?"

"You see anyone here you like?"

"Why did you move here?"

Amber and Emily seemed suddenly very full of questions which overwhelmed Leah a little, but she answered then anyway.

"I'm from the south. I used to go to Westmount school. I don't have a boyfriend or a girlfriend. I haven't really met anyone other than you two and Holly yet. And I moved here because my... my mother passed away, so my father wanted to move to the countryside and this was the nearest school even though it's still miles away."

"I'm sorry about your mother..." Emily smiled apologetically.

Just then, 4 boys sat opposite the girls all of them were devilishly handsome, Leah thought.

"Hello ladies, and who have we or here?" One of the boys asked, eyeing Leah up and down.

"This is Leah. Leah this is Chris..." Amber pointed at the boy who had just spoken.
"Tommy, Wes and Oliver. But call him Olly." She pointed at the other three boys who smiled at her.

Chris had pale skin, light brown hair and a few small freckles on his face. His eyes were a dull blue colour. He was well build, like the rest of them, but he was a little shorter than the other three, especially Tommy and Wes.

Tommy had blonde hair that fell messily onto his face and greyish blue eyes. He looked a little angry when he let his face rest.

Wes had dark skin, brown eyes and short brown hair. He was the tallest and a little skinnier than the others.

Oliver had curly brown hair that was cut short at the sides. His eyes were dark, almost black. There was something about him that Leah couldn't put her finger on. He had a small scar on his cheek too, which she thought made him even more intriguing.

"You're new" Wes said as he filled his plate with food that was in front of them.

"Yes..." Leah began filling her own plate with food.

"Well obviously Wes." Amber rolled her eyes playfully at him. They were all clearly good friends.

Suddenly the conversations from around the hall were interrupted by a tall man with grey hair and a moustache stood up from the teachers table.
He looked very smart and a little mean, but when he opened his mouth, he spoke with kindness.
"Welcome everyone, to another year at Bridge-bank school. I hope you all enjoyed you're summer and are ready to get back to learning again. Enjoy your meal."

"Who was that?" Leah asked when the chatter had started up again.

"That was the headmaster, Professor Magstone" Oliver answered.

"He's alright really" Chris added.

"Depends who you ask." Tommy said under his breath.

The rest of the dinner was spent with everyone asking Leah questions and getting to know her.

They were all really nice and quite funny too.

Leah couldn't help but notice Oliver, who kept his eyes on her the entire way through the meal.

"Hey, these two are supposed to be coming to our dorm tonight for a drink and a smoke. You fancy coming too?" Asked Wes.

"Oh yeah that's a great idea!" Amber said excitedly.

"Yeah sure sounds good." Leah was happy to already be making friends.

"We'll get ready in our dorm after we've finished" Emily smiled.

~~~~~

The three girls got back to their dorm and began getting changed.

"Are we dressing up or...?" Leah asked, unsure of what to wear.

"Oh no, just wear something comfy." Emily suggested.

"Yeah it's only the boys." Amber joked. "Speaking of... you see anything you like?"

Leah turned a little red and searched through her wardrobe. "I... no. Maybe..." she laughed.

The two girls gasped and looked at their new friend.
"What!?"

"Who!?"

"I mean Oliver is... I don't know..."

The girls exchanged looks.

"What?" Leah asked them.

"Oh it's just... Olly. He... he..." Emily tried to explain in the best way possible.

"He basically just sleeps with anything that moves and then forgets their names straight afterwards." Amber said bluntly.

"Amber!" Emily hit her friend lightly.

"What!? I mean he's a great friend and such a laugh, but... I mean if you're just looking for a hook up then go for it. I just don't want you to get your hopes up. To be honest I don't think he's actually capable of having romantic feelings."

Leah thought for a second. "Well I'm not sure. Maybe I'll just leave it. Stick to making friends instead of finding relationships."

The girls beamed at her and continued to get ready.

Emily wore a grey joggers and a oversized hoodie. Her long red hair tied in a ponytail, she had on only a bit of eyeliner and mascara.

Amber was wearing black leggings, and a white t-shirt. Her eyebrows were filled in and she had on a bit of mascara.

Leah decided on black joggers and a black vest with a fluffy black jacket. She did her hair in two plaits. She had done her eyebrows, eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara earlier, to try and make a good first impression.

"Right let's go!" Amber said, pulling out a bottle of vodka from under her bed and winking at Leah.

This was going to be a good night.

They snook out their room and locked it behind them. They were as quiet as they could be as the went down the stairs and to the landing wear the stairs to the boys dorms were.

They walked until they found a door with a swan on it and the number 14.

Amber knocked on the door and Wes opened it. The three girls walked in, the boys all sat up from their beds and welcomed the girls.

"Let the fun begin." Oliver said, looking directly at Leah.