S-O-K-O-V-I-A

When you woke up, they had already left.

There was no note, no telling whether all of the Avengers were alive or dead. You wandered around the compound, searching for any form of life, other than Natasha's growing collection of plants in her room. After concluding that no one was home, you called Tony, hoping he would pick up. You decided that if he didn't answer, then you would get in the Quinjet and look for them yourself.

"Oh, hey Y/N. What's up?" the king of nonchalant said, not a hint of worry in his voice.

"What's up? You guys left me. Where are you?"

"We're in the quinjet on our way to find this dude named Ulysses Klaue, some punk who stole vibranium, the material Cap's shield is made of. We'll be back soon, as long as no one dies or anything." The words rolled casually off his lips.

"And why didn't you leave a note or anything?"

"Because I wanted you to call me and be all worried about me," You could hear his smirk through the phone, and you knew he was trying to get you to admit that you cared about him.

"Yeah, I wouldn't say it worked, considering that I'm sitting on a beach in the Bahamas, sipping a Mai Tai. Not a worry in the world. If you don't come home in one piece, though, you'll be sorry," now you were just asking for it, but you didn't care.

"Hey, Top Gun, is that a threat? Once I'm don't being sorry, I might need to take you up on that Mai Tai. Oh, Legolas said we're here. Talk to you later. Bye," he said, hanging up before you got the chance to say goodbye.

So now you were supposed to wait. Patience wasn't your strong suit, so you decided to be a little creepy and take a tour through some of the other Avengers' rooms. You swallowed your pride, convincing yourself that was the only way to stay entertained.

Clint's room was fairly boring, aside from his clothes in the dresser, it was empty. Not suspicious at all, you thought to yourself. He was definitely hiding something.

Steve's room was full of stuff from the 1940's including a picture of him in army gear, next to several other men. The label said "Howling Commandos, 1945". There were several other pictures of a handsome man, who was tall, had dark brown hair, and a crooked smile. His clothes all looked like they were from the 40's, too.

Thor's room looked like it was rarely used, so you assumed he just came to Earth for missions, and stayed in Asgard most of the time.

Just as you started to feel bad for snooping around, you heard the sound of an incoming plane, or flying object. You assumed it was the team, so you jogged outside to greet them. As soon as you stepped outside, several robots grabbed you. You didn't have enough time to pull out your gun before the world went dark.

***

Before you opened your eyes, you could hear the clanking of metal echoing throughout the large structure where you were being kept. The familiar smell of machinery reminded you of Tony's lab, and you smiled internally before you realized what had happened.

You were just becoming aware of your surroundings when a voice echoed though the darkness. "I wasn't sure you'd wake up. I hoped you would, I wanted to show you something. I think a lot about meteors, the purity of them. Boom- the end."

"Yeah, yeah, can you just skip to the part where you explain your evil plan? That would be great." Your lack of fear surprised Ultron; he took a second to think of a response.

"See, that's the thing. I was meant to be beautiful. The world would have looked to the sky and seen hope. Seen mercy. But I realized the fallibility of human life. Why preserve it when it can be changed. Humans, they get cut, they bleed. They form their own chaos and catastrophe. They die from their own mistakes. But me, I am infallible. Perfect. What doesn't kill me, only makes me stronger. That's why I'm going to replace human life with something more meaningful. Something more, well, me."

"Said every bad guy ever. You know, there's people that exist to stop those kinds of things. Along with my boyfriend, a bunch of other pretty cool folks that don't really like you that much. And, when they find out you took me, they're going to like you even less."

Hiding your fear was easier than you thought. You just imagined Ultron doing human tasks, like making pancakes and folding laundry. Tony, on the other hand, wasn't handling the news as well as you were. But you didn't know that.

Instead, you rummaged around the cell you were confined to, trying to find things to piece together to make a communication device. Hopefully someone was listening on the other side. After using some wire, a battery, an antenna, and a computer mouse, you signaled S-O-K-O-V-I-A in morse code, hoping they would get your message. Hours passed, and you kept clicking the code until your finger was numb.

Meanwhile, you observed what was going on in Ultron's "evil lair". You could see a large army that looked extremely similar to the Chitauri, Loki's goons that the team had to defeat in 2012. The battle in which Tony nearly sacrificed his life. Why did that man have such a god complex, yet always feel the need to take the fall for everyone?

Deep down, you know that he is the same as you. You both use humor to cover up the trauma and pain that you had gone through. He would never admit it, but the moment you become a part of Anthony Edward Stark's life, you can trust him with your life. Even if it means sacrificing his to save yours. And that was why every time he steps into the Iron Man suit, it scares you because you know he will always have the guts to make the hard choices.