26. The vow

Laila's POV

I had to make him do things you know, I mean I had to beg for even girlfriend allowance, a typical northerner with all the civilization and education he still holds his traits like a trophy.

It was had to deal with him in school he hated when I had long classes, cause he wanted me around, like a circle round.

But on the other hand he was either busy with work or asleep when I called.

A year and half together wasn't really funny, not even easy, I had to grow out of my age to be able to live with him, Mom kept reminding me there was no man any better, except my dad who was hers already.

Even my Aunty Jamila and others go through the same and they are patiently married.

I should learn from them.

I asked a lot of questions though, and finally accepted him as my one and last, accepted all his flaws and failures, he wasn't the bossy type just that you have to deal with that Became our slogan for a year and half and counting, he only gets worse.

But what could I do when I was already head in the clouds in love with him, his traits were genetic and I couldn't change that.

Truth is prince charming exist only in fairy tales, like mum will always say

" A Northerner or not, a man will always be a man, we all deal with ours differently as they too came in different shades."

But I was hoping to alter his traits in the future.

...

Our wedding was so close and all Dahma and janan could do was select the Asoebi, the colors of outfits I'd wear, and the shoes, they made sure it was the most expensive ones,

and I feared that Ahmad will say the bill was too high, but this time he didn't say nothing,  he gave me his credit card and you know as usual i had to deal with it .

Mum and her sisters on the other hand were making their prep, making sure I wore the best of outfits and Jewelries, Dad didn't hesitate to give out money at all cost, I never knew he'd let me get married while still in school, but I guess the clock already ticked time.

We had a little engagement party at home with the whole fam, ya mukhtar came with his wife, my mother inlaw came too.

We made our little vows that we've promised to stick to.

Ya mukhtar clearly told me Ahmad was a work in progress and I had to deal with that.

The moment we said those vows in front of everyone in the garden back yard was unforgettable.

I wore a maroon Abaya, a pair of black stilettos, rolled my maroon veil that came with the Abaya, revealing only my natural face with no makeup, well except for the lipgloss I wore.

While Ahmad wore a sky blue kaftan in babban riga, with a matching kube cap, he looked so handsome, more like a groom, my groom.

We spoke one After the other, with our gazes fixed on each other, and our lips lifted in smiles.

Ahmad: Dear Laila.          
Laila: Dear Ahmad.
I promise,           
  I promise,
To be with you,
  To be with you,
Through thick and thin,

With your perfect imperfections,
Flaws and failures,
  Flaws and failures,
With growth and tolerance,
In illness and good health,
Even though I break a leg or two,

"Babe for God sake!" I whispered, "stick to the vows please."
He let out a sly laugh before he continued.

In understanding and sticking to each other as best of friends and lovers, until death do us path,

And continue together as one,
And continue together as one with plenty of children, he spoke with a wide grin.

"Babe! Stop this for crying out loud." I quickly whispered, as he chuckled before letting out another laugh making the crowd laugh too.

In jannah insha Allah,
I love you so much babe,
  I love you so much too babe.

And then the crowd roared with laughter and Applause.

...

The stress of preparing for marriage and final year was overwhelming,  I'd get calls while busy with project just to select a color and size of clothing, well story for another day.

There's no prince charming in my own world and I had to deal with that.

Ahmad was Not prince charming, and it was fine by me.

Truth is no matter how hard to deal with or hard to understand you are, you'll get people that will love you just the way you're.

Just be a good person, when you do good you attract good, you wouldn't want to treat people the way you will not tolerate when treated the same way.

THE END.

Alhamdulillah!

I'm glad you came all this way with me, I'm elated that you like my story.

This chapter is a bit longer than usual, I had to make it the last.

To anyone who downloaded wattpad just to read my piece, thank you so much, I see you, to everyone who has taken time out of his or her time to read this book, thank you, so much.

This book NOrTh prince charming is only published on wattpad, if by any means you see it elsewhere, let me know ASAP, there is a consequence.

Jazakumullahu bi khair,
Don't forget to vote, comment and share to everyone.

Nazy loves you,
Peace. ✌

All rights reserved.
Naziya D. Muhammad
Nazy_writes
Started 1-february-2021.
Ended 22-march-2021.