1-The Warehouse

"Ruby are you listening to me!" My mother shouted smacking me on my head. "I zoned out what did you say?" I asked her with a attitude turning my attention towards her. She looked at me disgustedly and spoke again. "You need to be careful when you go outside Ruby. This X guy really has the town in chaos and no where is safe."

She spoke as we looked back at the tv. The channel was on the news and the news reporter was speaking about how a restaurant was blown up at midnight yesterday night. On the wall there was a giant blue "X was here" in spray paint. I've heard alot about this X guy but I've never seen him in person. A part of me was glad I've never seen him before just for the fact that anyone that has seen him turned up dead a day later.

And he didn't have a problem carving three X's into their skin to let the police know it was him that did it. But another part of me was intrigued by him. He seemed like that person that didn't give a fuck about what people had to say about him. Or maybe the person was a she? Everyone says with a name like X the person has to be a he but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

"Mom this person only goes after people at night. I'll be fine." I said getting up from the couch. "Ruby your so careless! He can come whenever he wants to not just at night!" She snapped getting up from the couch herself. My mother grabbed the remote and turned the TV off as the reporter changed the case and was talking about weight loss juice recipes.

"Mom I'm going to Jason's house. I'll be back before nightfall." I said going to the door and putting on my sneakers. "Be back in this house at 5 on the dot Ruby!" Was the last thing I heard before I walked out the house. Putting my hands in my sweater pockets I continued to walk down my block and passed the corner store. Looking around you wouldn't think that Florida had the most baddest mafia boss you could ever hear of.

Nobody knew why this person does what they do. But they did it. And even as I looked at the empty streets I was amazed at how much fear this person put on everyone. "Hey ma where you going?" A guy yelled at me with a smirk on his face. I noticed he had started to follow me ever since I left the store. Ignoring him I started walking faster.

But of course he had picked up speed and made it to me grabbing my arm. Swinging my free arm I knocked a tray of soda's from his hand. I didn't mean to knock down the soda's. I mean I didn't even know he had them till I swung my arm back. "Dammit bitch now this nigga gonna yell at me!" He screamed gaining the attention of two guys by a black van.

They hurried over causing me to back up. If they wanted a fight I sure as hell was going to give them one. "Well that's your problem! Next time don't be grabbing on bitches unless you want to get fucked up!" I snapped smiling at them. They all looked at me like I was crazy. "Shawty who the fuck gave you enough balls to think you could talk to us like that?!?" A guy with black curly hair yelled at me.

Now I was beginning to get tired of these guys so in one quick motion I punched him in the throat and began on the other guys. The one had pink braids and the other had a durag on. I kicked the one with the pink braids in the stomach making him double over and stood ready in my fighting position for durag guy. But instead he looked at me and chuckled.

"Your going to wish you never did any of this." He spoke cooly to me with a grin. "Get up we going now!" He commanded making the boys struggle up both giving me death glares. As they were walking away I laughed out loud. In situations like this it was like I was a complete different person. Which was completely ok with me.

I needed to be crazy at times to survive these streets. "Come again soon boys!" I waved them off smiling widely. They looked back at me as I turned around and skipped the rest of the way down to Jason's house. Once I made it there I walked to his front door and rang the door bell. About five minutes later Jason opened the door in a black and yellow basketball jersey with matching Jordans. "Oh hey Ruby I didn't expect you to be here." He said shocked but not to shocked.