Chapter 18: Alternate

Katsuki POV:

The villain touched my head, and I tried to back away. The chilling sensation of the villain's webby hands in my wet hair was gaggable, but I couldn't retreat. A violet light shone down from the top of my head where his hand was and I turned my eyes toward Izuku."I hope we..." He smirked, "...get a better Katuski Bakugo this time."

The fuck? A... better me? Wait, what does he-

The violet light enveloped me and Eijiro shouted, "Katsuki!" from behind the villain. He'd been sort of out of the conversation this whole time, so I felt bad.

"I love you, Eijiro!" I shouted to him, just in case this villain's quirk was deadly.

It was not, by the way. When the violet light finished consuming me, and it faded away, I wasn't where I was before. Actually, I sort of was. I was standing in the road leading to UA, under the gate. But the sun was shining high in the sky, behind fluffy white clouds. The trees swayed gently in the sweet-smelling breeze and birds chirped above me. UA was still standing proudly, not a single window was cracked, nor was it collapsed. Everybody was happily chatting and nothing seemed wrong.

"Bakubro?" Eijiro's voice startled me. He was behind me? But... wasn't he in front of me before?

"Eijiro, what just happened?" I asked him, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Uh... what do you mean 'what happened'?" He asked, eyeing my hand. Then he whipped his head around and gawked at my hand, "HOLY CHIP BAKUBRO! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAND???"

"My... hand?"

"YEAH, IT'S METAL NOW! DID YOU NOT NOTICE? AND WHY ARE YOU WET?" He furrowed his eyebrows, "And when did you change out of your uniform?"

"I... wasn't wearing my uniform." I furrowed my eyebrows too.

"Yeah, you were. I was walking behind you since you left the dorms," He gasped and started to stutter, "N-Not like I was stalking you or anything, just that I left right after you did! I really wasn't following you, i-it's not like that!"

I was so confused. About... everything. What did that villain do to me? "Hey, Eijiro, this might sound strange, but can you punch me? Really hard across my face." I asked him.

Kirishima POV:

Why is Bakubro calling me Eijiro? And why isn't he all angry? What's going on?

"Uh... if I do that, you'll kill me, won't you?" I raised an eyebrow.

The weird, confused-looking Bakubro shook his head. "I wouldn't kill you for anything. Just punch me." He closed his eyes and took his hand off my shoulder.

Why is he so chill? When did he lose his hand and get a prosthetic? I just saw his hand this morning when he shoved Midoriya into a wall.

I didn't punch him. Instead, I gently flicked his arm. One eye opened.

"Didn't I say 'Really hard across the face'?" He said.

"I uh... really don't want to die," I admitted.

"Like I said, I wouldn't kill you for anything," He sighed. Then, he looked around. His eyes widened and he gasped when he saw Midoriya's friend group. We called them the Izucrew. Midoriya, Todoroki, Uraraka, Iida, and Tsu were just walking together and talking. Y'know, like they always do. The look in Bakubro's eyes wasn't like he wanted to go bully Midoriya, though. It was more awe.

He started sprinting toward the Izucrew full speed and I ran after him, just in case I needed to pull him away from Midoriya (I'm the only one that can). However, he didn't run to Midoriya at first. He ran to Todoroki. What?