Chapter 23: Satisfied

Y'all I am so sorry for the wait. I know that I haven't updated this in weeks, but I've had a lot going on, so I just forgot. But I am so sorry, nonetheless. Anyway, on with the story~~~

Eijiro POV:

I woke up cuddling Katsuki.

He was still asleep between my arms, and this time we were facing each other. Our noses were touching and he was breathing softly. I gazed at him and sighed contently. Then, his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes squeezed. He let out a 'waking up' groan and his eyes fluttered open.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" I whispered.

Katsuki reeled away from me and almost fell off the bed. "Eiji, your breath stinks. Go brush your teeth. I'll kiss you when you're done."

With that, I got up, swung my legs over him, and got out of bed. My brain was fuzzy and I wobbled tiredly as I stood up straight. Katsuki rolled out of the bed and hit the cement floor with a painful thud. "Ow."

"Are you okay?" I knelt down to help him up.

He sat up and rubbed his head, muttering, "Damn floor."

I helped him to his feet and we both slugged out of the room. Before I got too far down the hall, though, I went back for my phone. It clicked on when I picked it up and it said 9:12. Fear flooded through me. I had planned to wake up at 7:00 so that I could get down to the Shinneku district before 10:00, but I overslept. With my phone in my hand, I sprinted top speed down the hall, everyone else conjugating half asleep in it. I nimbly dashed between them and around them, shouting, "Excuse me! Pardon! Sorry! Excuse me! Coming through!" until I reached the end of it. At one end of the hall, there was the main room, and at the other end was the ladder shaft/exit. I was going to the exit.

I got close to it, but something slimy and rubbery wrapped around me and yanked me back.

"We're not allowed to leave the shelter until further notice," Tsu reminded me.

"Tsu, please!" I begged, trying to pull her tongue off of me, "I need to get to the Shinneku district before 10:00!"

"Why?"

"Just- urgh! Because I have to!" I grunted, trying to pull out of the grip.

"Kirishima," Uraraka walked up next to me. Her hair was wild and knotted with bedhead as she whispered, "Does it have to do with... the favor?"

"Yes!" I said, still struggling to break free from Tsu's tongue.

"Tsu, let him go," Uraraka ordered, "It's imperative, right?" She asked me. I nodded to her, and she nodded to Tsu.

Skeptically, Tsu retracted her tongue. The instant she did, I unlocked the shaft door and heaved it open. It was solid iron, reinforced with weights, so even for me, it was a challenge. I slipped through the crack I made and the door shut with a reverberating clang as I began to climb the ladder through opaque darkness. 

I reached a point where there were no more rungs and where my head hit a wheel, so I knew I was at the top. I turned the squeaking wheel to the left and after a good minute, it was loose enough to push open. I managed to get out of the shelter and when I was out, I took a deep breath, cracked my neck, and started to run again.

Izuku POV:

10:42. He's late. I thought as I checked my watch. I had been waiting on top of a building not far from the address I gave him so that I could survey the premises before he arrested me. Who knew someone would be late to the task of their lifetime? He's really late. I wonder what's keeping him...