Chapter 19: Apprehension

Katsuki POV:

I was in the other universe still. 

I was talking with the teachers at UA about what happened, how I was fighting Deku, and then how his villain friend hit me with his quirk, and now I was there. When they asked about my hands, I told them about the USJ attack and how half the class physically lost their quirk. It yanked up painful memories that were hard to put into words. I used a lot of words like 'blood' and 'pain' and 'terror', 'trauma', 'fear'. When I finished telling them about everyone who lost their quirk, I thought I should tell them about how the Todoroki from my universe... was... he was...

"It's okay, Young Bakugo," All Might placed a hand on my head, "You don't have to say it aloud. We can see the tears in your eyes."

I sniffled and wiped my eyes and nose with my wrist. I was wearing the clothes belonging to the local Katsuki and my injuries were treated. I couldn't bring myself to talk about Todoroki. Ask anyone in my class- they can't talk about it either without breaking down in tears. The teachers discussed what they could do to get me back to my universe, but since we didn't know anything about the villain Universus's quirk, every option was risky. Universus was an actual villain in their universe, but he wasn't well known and wasn't native to Japan. It would take forever to track him down, and who knew if he would cooperate.

"Well, Bakugo," the rat sighed, "I suggest you stay here while we get things sorted out. Everything should be fine if the villain from your universe decides to undo what he did."

"Izuku, er- Deku said that I would only get to look at what a better world would be," I told them, "So it's likely he won't just keep us swapped."

"Yes, that's true," the rat said, "but a lot can be affected in both of our universes during the time you two are swapped. So, try not to change anything severe or tell anyone about your universe."

I nodded.

When the meeting was over I left to go to the dorms. I figured a nice nap would make me feel better.

I reached the dorms at UA and went inside. My room was on the second floor, so I dragged my feet up the stairs to it. When I reached it, I pushed the door open and stared at the room. It was clean and organized, like my room back home. I recognized a lot of the stuff in there, which I found sort of funny since I was in a whole different universe. I flopped face-first into the bed and hugged my pillow. I rolled around on the bed for a minute.

"Izuku..." I whispered to myself, "I just want to go home. Eijiro..." I felt myself blushing as I thought about him. I thought maybe since we were now technically dating, I wouldn't feel so crushy toward him still. But now that I know he loves me too... I think I love him even more since I'm not denying it to myself.

Someone knocked on my door, so I sat up and said they could come in. Eijiro opened the door and leaned on the doorframe. He crossed his arms casually and chuckled, "Heyyyy Bakubro. Another universe Bakubro. What's goin' on?" He looked awkward and just laughed uncomfortably, shooting finger guns at me.

"I'm just thinking, I guess," I sighed, plopping my chin on the top of the pillow, "About how weird this all is." That's a lie. I'm thinking about you.

"Yeah," He agreed, "It's pretty weird for us too. I mean, our Bakugo is always so... angry. He's hard to approach and honestly terrifying. I mean, I'm his friend, but I don't think he has any other friends because of his, like, attitude and how he... portrays himself." he struggled to find the right words.

"...I think I was like that too," I admitted, "Mean and scary. No friends." I hugged the pillow tighter. 

For a couple of awkward seconds, we just sat there in the bitter silence. I wanted to ask him if he was in love with the other me, but it didn't seem like a good conversation starter. Eijiro kept glancing down the hall, so I asked him about it.