𝟜

I wake up the next morning to Josh shaking my shoulder. I roll over, not wanting to get up.

"Dylan, breakfast, let's go." Josh shakes my shoulder again and I still don't get up.

I hear quiet voices and recognize Sky and Ben along with Josh. After a few seconds I hear the shower start and assume that it's Mel getting in the shower.

I'm almost asleep again when cold water gets dumped on me. I sit straight up and see Ben laughing, holding two big water bottles.

"That's it!" I shout and jump out of bed, trying to get to him, Jiji, my stuffed animal panda, falling out of the bed. Someone else grabs my waist and stops me from hitting him.

"Dylan!" Sky says in my ear and I stop trying to get to Ben.

"He dumped cold water on me!" I exclaim, shocked that Sky was taking Ben's side.

"To be fair we told him not to do that, but you weren't getting up." Josh says and I roll my eyes.

"You can dry my clothes." I say to Ben, a hard edge to my tone, as I walk past him and into the bathroom where I had left clothes the night before.

"Not happening!" He calls after me and I roll my eyes.

I quickly change and join them before we walk out together. We pass an art museum and I slow down, trying to look inside.

"Can we stop by on the way to the theater?" I ask the group as I catch up with them.

"Sure," Sky shrugs and Josh nods. I turn to Ben, expecting an argument but he just looks at me.

"I wanted to go too." He says quietly and I grin.

"Is the Ben Cook actually agreeing with me?"

"For the first and the last time." He says and I laugh. I hold the door to the restaurant for Josh and Sky before walking in, letting the door close on Ben.

"Hey! What was that for?" Ben exclaims, his voice cracking slightly as he joins us. Josh gives me a look as if to say to not start anything and I bite my lip to avoid laughing.

I get a smoothie and a yogurt bowl before we walk out with our food and sit on the steps of the museum. We joke around as people pass us, giving us looks.

"They probably think we're skipping." Sky says as the third woman in a row gives us a dirty look. We all share a look before laughing again. I throw my trash away before we walk into the museum.

Josh and I quietly joke around as we walk through the first floor before going up to the second floor. Sky makes me take pictures of him with some of the art and I begrudgingly agree.

As we walk to the exit I slip into the gift shop and find what I was looking for, a deck of cards. I thank the worker and walk out, seeing the boys milling around the lobby.

We walk out and meet up with Dan, Stephine, Zach, DeMarius, and Melissa for lunch. I sit next to Josh, making Ben take the edge of the table.

After lunch I drag Josh back to the hotel so I can drop off my cards before we head to the theater. He plays with Jiji, who was still a little damp from Ben's wake up call, while I fix my mascara.

"Hey! Put him down!" I take him from Josh's hands, making him laugh.

"How long have you had him now?" He asks as we walk down the hall.

"Oh," I pause to do some quick math. "Twelve years in a few weeks."

"Why didn't you have him when you were over in my room?" He presses the button for the elevator.