BACK IN TIME

Baby ... oh baby ... my sweet baby ... you're the one ...

To understand the way forward, the road to the future, one must go back in time ...

It can be said that love can sometimes be strange as it can also be said that love is eternal though what can be stranger or more strange than anything ever associated with love is to be caught in a loop with a part to play to keep love in order ... for one particular relationship to ever come about or to even move forwards, one partner will need to go back in time to ensure that the other initiates anything at all.

Almost like tying a shoelace, one relationship needs to be looped twice so it can be tied together as one. Love, on this occasion, is certainly a game of two halves. Yeah, if a present-day relationship continues in the past or a present-day relationship starts over in the future then where does it truly begin if in each edition of the relationship is brand new for one and a continuation for the other?

Sylvia stood in her spot like a statue, and she may as well have been just that to Mick for he just walked right by her without so much as a flicker. It is as if he knows absolutely nothing of her, as if she is invisible too, and on top of that how young he looks to her is almost surreal, it all is surreal for it has worked. The saying Love at first sight has a brand-new meaning right now for she is in love with him, and he has barely taken notice.

In a way she had doubted and believed both at once and now if he is to have any kind of doubt or lack of belief then she has to convince him otherwise.

Mick hadn't completely ignored her. He saw her and something had ... clicked. He both knows nothing of the lady he just walked right past and feels that she has always been there, not so much in the spot she so happens to be standing in but rather in his life that is.

Still, as she watches him move on, she speaks to herself 'it worked, it really worked.'

This place Sylvia stood in, it appeared to be a restaurant area of what perhaps was a much bigger building, a hotel perhaps. The device she had used is more or less a homing signal which could locate someone in time so its wielder could be brought right to such a temporally located person. This is the first time she has used such a thing and she did so in such doubt that she is amazed it could actually work though work it apparently has. This is unbelievable, frightening, and awesome too.

How does she know it worked in not only special terms but temporal too? For one thing, Mick, the guy she came to find, looked so much younger than she had ever previously known him to be and on top of that the Mick of her time was no longer in the land of the living. Right here, he is alive and well.

The revelation the device has brought home is an overwhelming bundle of emotion, something Sylvia was most definitely not prepared for. Indeed, she had not believed this miracle device she has used would work but now that it has, she is open for so much to hit her. This particular restaurant is currently serving carvery lunch and from where Sylvia is, she can see Mick choosing a meal for himself.

Once his food has been chosen and paid for, Mick takes a seat and a seat in a position where he can see the very lady, he had passed by standing almost still. Now Mick did not do this on purpose. Ordinarily, if he had come so close to someone like he did her, he would have apologised for infringing upon personal space, and he did not get to do this.

In this moment he has no idea who this lady is though he had indeed noticed her just as he was passing her by. Thankfully, he did not see her arrive for if he had then it would have appeared that she appeared out of thin air and having not seen such a thing take place makes what is to come all that much easier. As it is too, something has clicked.