Chapter 49

I was lying in my bed when doorbell rang. After a call from my mom I went straight to my flat and started watching a random tv show just too keep my mind busy from all things that she said. I groan leaving my warm bed.

I quickly open the door expecting to see Tris but guys standing in front of me is obviously not Tristan.

"What are you doing here?" I glance at Brad who now is leaning against my doorframe.

"What do you mean? I came to see you." He walks in closing door behind him.

"Yeah, I can see that." I roll my eyes. "I texted you saying I'm not feeling very well."

"Obviously this is the reason why I'm here." He takes his coat off and steps closer. "Baby, what's wrong?" he cups my face and there is no way I can avoid his eyes contact.

"It's nothing."

"Zoe." He strokes my cheek with his thumb. "Tell me what's wrong."

"My mom called me today."

"What? That's great, isn't it?" he smiles looking at me.

"Not really." I shake my head biting my lip.

"Baby, what's wrong, you are scaring me."

"They are getting a divorce."

"Why?"

"Brad, I don't know." I whisper. "She just called me to tell the news."

"Are you okay?" he kisses my forehead pulling me into his chest.

"I'm not okay, she even haven't asked me how am I."

"Baby." He holds me closer. "I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"I just want you to know that I am here for you, okay? I am not going anywhere." He whispers into my hair.

Of course Kaya's words are repeating in my mind.

"Have you talked with your dad?"

"No."

"I think you should call him."

"I will call him later." I mumble. Brad is still holding me thigh.

"Why haven't you told me this?" he asks.

"I don't know."

"You do."

"No." I shake my head.

"God, don't be like that." He groans looking into my eyes. "What have I done?"

"Is there something that you want to tell me?"

"About what?" he looks at me confused. I roll my eyes I go to kitchen. "Zoe, wait!"

"What?"

"It's about Ebony? Are you mad? You told me to meet her!"

"It's not about her."

"So what is it all about? You are not trusting me? I thought we were doing so well after Christmas." he looks at me more sad than angry.

"Yeah, I thought so."

"Zoe, please, tell me what's wrong, I hate arguing with you." Brad looks straight into my eyes, he even looks like he is lost. "Please."

"I met Kaya for a lunch today."

"And?"

"And she told me some things."

"What hasshe told you?" he looks worried.

"Maybe you should tell me it by yourself?" I raise my voice.

"God, are you serious?"

"You can leave." I simply say crossing my arms.

"This can't be happening right now."

"Brad, she just told me that you are like fucking buddies, how nice is that?" I look at him.

"I'm not gonna lie, we slept together, but it's over and you know it."

"How would I know it?"

"Because you should trust me?" I look at him to see sadness in his eyes. "You mean more than any girl in the world ever did, just believe me, okay?" he walks closer.

"God, it was so terrible to hear it, you have no idea." I whisper.

"Baby, don't be upset, please." He takes my hands into his. "You are the one for me, okay?"

I simply nod looking at my shoes.

"Zoe, I'm serious, don't believe that shit ever again." He squeezes my hand. "I haven't been into relationship for a long time and I am with you not because I am using you or I am bored, because I really to want be with you."

"I'm sorry, I should have known it."

"It's fine." He hugs me again. "Can I kiss you?" he whispers.

I nod looking into his eyes and before I knew I feel his soft lips on mine. He is so gentle, one of his hand cups my cheek.

"Are we okay now?" He tucks the loose strands of my hair behind my ear.

"If only you tell me the real reason why you have changed."  

~~~

As I promised I am updating sooner than always, so yay!

I really don't know when I will update next, but I will try my best do it as soon as I can.

Sad news: this story is going to the end, so not that much has left!!

ALSO, I want to sayyyy a big thanks to everyone who comments, god your comments make me smile every time, guys it means so much to me so thank you thank you thank you

AND WHAAAAT THIS STORY ALMOST REACHED 40K READ? WHAAAAAT

So keep voting and commenting

Any ideas why Brad has changed?!

Lots of love

xxxx