Chapter 63

"So?" I look at Tris as he scans menu. Since we arrived to his favourite lunch place in the city, near his studio, we haven't really talked. I wasn't sure how I am supposed to start this conversation. Knowing Tris for a really long time, I can tell that something is bothering him as well and even he is always outgoing he doesn't know how to start conversation either.

"What?" he quickly glances at me before looking at menu again. "I am trying to choose what to order, you know it is a big decision to make." He tries to light up the mood. Only he knew that choosing what to order for a lunch wasn't that big decision to make.

We stay silent for a few minutes before waitress comes.

"Have you chose what you are going to order?" Tristan looks at me and as soon as I nod at him he turns to waitress. "I would like to have fish and chips, and cola with ice."

"And you?" a lovely lady turns to me.

"I'm going to have the same." I politely smile at her and as soon as she leaves, I look at Tris.

"So about what you wanted to talk with me?" He asks.

"I-" Suddenly I am interrupted by a ringing phone. A look at my phone to see Harry's name on the screen. I quickly glance at Tris not sure what to do.

"Aren't you going to pick it up?"

"It is not really important." I say and ignore Harry's call. First of all I need to talk with Tris about this whole situation, secondly I know that Harry is probably calling to ask me if I made my mind up about the tour since he has to be in London for his break by now.

"Who is Harry?"

"That is what I want to talk about."

"Don't tell me you are cheating on Brad." Tris sounds serious and as soon as I look at him I am meet by his intense gaze.

"No, it's not like that."

"What does that supposed to mean? Omg, Zoe! You cheated on Brad!"

"What?? No!" I shake my head. "God, can you talk a little bit quitter people are staring at us!"

"So what the hell? I thought you really liked Brad."

"I did. I mean I do, I do like him, I even love him."

"You thought you loved James too."

"Can you?" I groan. Even Tris is my best friend sometimes he can be really annoying and overprotective.

"What? I am only telling the truth. You always do things too impulsive."

"That's who I am! I am sorry if I am not perfect."

"Okay." Tris sighs. "So? Will you tell me everything?"

"I want to, but you already are judging me."

"I am not." Tris shakes his head. " I just care about you, that's all. Even if you do cheat on Brad or anyone else I don't care, as long as you aren't hurt."

"We only kissed." I simply say avoiding Tris gaze as I look at my hands.

"Kissed?"

"Yes. I kissed him."

"And?"

"And then he left! That's all. Harry is really a good guy and I just felt so lonely and he was there, we drank some wine and I kissed him, obviously he kissed me back but nothing more."

"Okay."

"Okay? Seriously?"

"Do you regret kissing him?"

"No. I mean I do, but... it's complicated."

"You are not telling me the whole story, Zoe." I sigh.

"He asked me to join him and his band on the tour as their photographer. In other words he offered me a better job."

"Wait, who is Harry?" Tris asks again since I haven't answered this question.

"Harry as Harry Styles."

"Oh shit." That's all what Tris says before he starts playing with his bracelet that Ebony bought him for Christmas. "That's huge."

"I know." I mumble not looking at him. Of course I know it's huge. It is even insane.

"Have you talked with Brad about this?"

"About cheating on him or about the offer?" I look at Tris annoyed.

"Both."

"Obviously not. I am not sure how to tell that I did cheat on him while he was away." I sigh. "God, it was only a kiss, you know? And I was drunk."

"You still cheated on him, Zoe."

"I know. The thing is I can keep it from him anymore, it's killing me. But I can't tell him about the offer, because that would be the end our relationship."

"Why?" Tris looks confused. "I mean you can explain him everything, he would understand that you were just lonely and drunk."

"I am talking more about the offer. If I accepting it, I'm going to be all around the world till the end of the year."

"It's about seven months." Tris nods as he finally realizes why I am so afraid to tell Brad about it. "But you can figure out something, of course you can."

"Harry showed me his tour schedule. They have a show almost every night. I wouldn't have a free time at all, and we would be traveling from country to another country."

"Well." Tris licks his lips and grabs my hand from across the table. "It's your choice anyways."

"I just don't want to be selfish, you know? I really like being with him, it just feel so right."

"I know. But it's your life, you know? He would understand and support you no matter what. I mean, if he really loves you as much as he says, he would wait for you."

I nod. I know that Tristan is right. Hell, he is always right, but I can't do this to Brad, I can't do this to myself either.

"I have to tell you something too." His thumb stokes my hand.

thank you so much for your support, as always you are the best! keep voting, commenting :)

and it would mean so much to me if you check out my new story 'faith'!

all the love,

G x