ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙: 𝔸 𝔽𝕒𝕧𝕠𝕣

Inspired by the anime Kimi No Suizo Wa Tabetai (I Want To Eat Your Pancreas) and Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso (Your Lie In April).

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
-31st January 2013 (Thursday)-

Hitoka Yachi, a second-year high school student in Karasuno high, and a survivor of a liver disease called cirrhosis. She survived since last year, her life span is getting shorter and shorter every day. She only has 1 more year to live. Knowing that, she intends to start living the way she wanted and be happy.

She went to high school like normal, and at the end of the class, she went to the volleyball club to continue her role as a manager. She doesn't tell anyone about her disease because she doesn't want anyone to worry about her. Time passed by so fast, it's already 2 PM in the afternoon.

They all took a rest for a while. And at that time, Hitoka saw Yamaguchi writing a list in his book. It seems interesting since it's decorated with broccoli and fries stickers, all of his favorite things are attached in there as stamps or stickers.

"Yamaguchi-san, what is that you're writing? It seems interesting." Hitoka asked from behind Yamaguchi.

"Oh, this? This is my bucket list. It's where I put what I want to do in my life. For example, here I wanted to try golf, and if I did it, I checkmark it." Yamaguchi answered.

"It seems fun! Maybe I'll try it too!" Knowing that her life is going to end soon, she thought that doing a bucket list is perfect to make her life feel complete.

"Yes, you should! It's really fun when you get to do it!" said Yamaguchi as he checkmarks the square in his wish to try out a salad.

Hitoka prepared herself to go home in the evening. Suddenly, a tangerine boy rushed to her at full speed before she left the club. It was her friend since first year and the middle blocker at the volleyball team, Shoyo Hinata.

"Yachi-san! Can I borrow your notebook today? I accidentally fell asleep at that time! Please..." he requested with the praying hand position.

"Oh of course! Your class is having a test, correct? I don't have it tomorrow so you can borrow it!" Hitoka lends out her blue notebook to Shoyo.

"Thank you so much! I promise to give it back!" Shoyo bows down as another thank you. They waved at each other and left to their home in the opposite direction.

-1st February 2013 (Friday)-

At 5 in the morning, Hitoka went to the hospital to get her antiviral drugs. It's for her cirrhosis treatment for the hepatitis C virus. She continues to walk to school after getting the drugs. She knew she was the first at class, so she quickly drinks the drug while facing the closed window.

Before she could hide the antiviral drugs, Shoyo came in to return her notebook from yesterday. "Yachi-san! I'm returning your notebook back..." Shoyo saw the antiviral drugs she has on her desk and immediately runs towards her.

"Yachi-san, what happened? What is this? Are you sick or something?" He asked.

"N.. no! This is... Prank candy! Yes, prank candy!" Hitoka answered frantically.

"This is obviously not candy, please, just tell me what happened, it'll just be our secret..." And then there was a short silence of Hitoka thinking that should she tell him or not. But knowing that he's not the kind of person who tells secrets, she decided to tell him.

"I have a liver disease called cirrhosis. These are antiviral drugs I got from the hospital. I kept this a secret because I don't want anyone to worry about me." said Hitoka as she puts her antiviral drugs in her bag.

Someone went into the class. It was Tsukishima, Hitoka's classmate now. "I... I'll see you later, see ya." Shoyo immediately left the class and went back to his class.

"What was he doing here?" Tsukishima asked.

"Oh, he's just returning my notebook back from yesterday," Hitoka answered.

Each student are slowly entering the class, the school is slowly getting more crowded. And when the bell rings, they all come in and begin the class. At break time, Hitoka remembered that she was going to make a bucket list, so she grabs her mixed notebook and makes one.

- Try out Ichigo Daifuku
- Go to Mount Fuji
- Ride a Ferris wheel
- Ride a horse
- Watch "Hotaru no Haka"
- Go to Zao Fox Village
- Try playing volleyball
- Have a boyfriend
- Play the kalimba
- Visit a museum
- Go to the zoo
- See the sunset clearly

The bucket list isn't filled with that many wishes, but she predicts it's possible to do in 1 year or less. The bell for the end of break time rings loudly. Everyone outside went into class carefully.

After hours of studying, the class is finally over. They can now continue in their club activity or go home. The volleyball club members all gathered in the gym. Before the club begins, Shoyo wants to take a moment to talk to Hitoka about it earlier. The two went to the back of the gym and continue.

"All this time you have a liver disease?" Shoyo asked as confirmation.

"Yes, I do. And I have a favor to ask." Hitoka replied as she brings out her notebook from the bag she didn't get to put down.

"This is my bucket list, and since you're the only one who knows my disease, you get to do this with me!" Hitoka shows him her bucket list of things she wants to do before she dies.

He reads all the wishes in his heart, all of them are simple, it just takes a long time to do. And he knows she cannot do them all by herself so he accepts her favor. "Alright, I'll help you with your wishes. I'll make sure you have a wonderful life." Shoyo held Hitoka's shoulders and held her hands as they enter the gym again.

Hitoka smiled as he does that. Though her heart is beating faster. She thinks he would make sure she has a wonderful life.

To Be Continued Next Chapter