ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟞: 𝔼𝕟𝕕

"Hitoka, I'm here."

"I'm... Here too..." Since that day, Hitoka has hardly given a response due to her weakness.

'That look and that voice are so sad... It makes me want to cry...' Shoyo thought and sighed as he force himself to hold his tears.

"I'm sorry... We didn't get to finish your bucket list..." Shoyo said with a voice of hopelessness.

"It's alright..., we did... most of them... We did it together... That's all that matters for me..." Hitoka struggles to lift her body, she tried as hard as she can to sit.

"Hitoka what are you doing?! You might hurt yourself!" Shoyo tries to get her to lay back down but she kept on trying. So he put his arm under her back and help her sit.

"Do you... remember that time... we kissed on the... sunset?"

"Yes, that was the time my heart beat faster than ever. I can feel it clearly in my chest. And that was the deepest time I fell in love with-" Hitoka reached up and lay a kiss on his mouth when he didn't get to finish his words. Shoyo's heart beat faster and his body froze.

"With... This condition... I know I wouldn't be able to... Live much longer so I... Wanted to do it and... Feel it again..."

"Hitoka... Don't say that you're gonna be fine! You're going to be just fine..." Shoyo whispered at the end as he started dropping tears, knowing that she wouldn't live longer, his heart cannot take that.

"Shoyo... Don't cry..., D.. die or didn't die I will a... always be with you, I... want my me... memories to be fi... filled with y... you, you're th.. the one I've been lo.. looking for and I wi.. will always treasure your... your existence in.. my memories." Shoyo hugs her slowly as he breaks down and cries.

"Dear God,... Thank you..., For bringing me into this world... For Hitoka, and Hitoka for me... I put all my trust and hope for you to keep her safe... And cherish her until she could smile as bright as the sun..."

5th June 2013 (Wednesday)

"Hitoka, I'm here."

Shoyo walked over to the hospital bed, he found himself Hitoka lying weak on the bed as usual. The pain she felt on those days slowly stole away the shimmer in her eyes. The sunflower field he once knew withered away when he loved it the most.

"Hitoka? Are you feeling alright?" From that word, all of the sudden, tears flow out from her sad eyes.

"W- what happened? Did you feel more pain? Should I call the doctor?!"

"T... The doctor just c... checked me this m... morning, he s... said that my condi... condition now can be f... fatal any moment..."

Shoyo couldn't speak as his breath got louder every exhale and his mouth opened small. He covers his eyes with his elbow in an attempt to hide his tears.

"Shoyo... It could be n... now, it could be t... tomorrow, we n... never know when..., that's why I'm saying this n... now," Hitoka reached out and grabbed his shirt, pulling him weakly, but he follows her and come closer.

"I love you, I l... love you so much..., p... please live for me, live a l... long life, get m... married and have k... kids, even if it's n... not me, I'll allow it... for you..., don't cry...  you're a man, a strong man... you're kind, sweet, talented..., and handsome..., I love you for that...

...even if I wouldn't be by your side, you won't be alone, I'll always be in your heart and memories, right? Continue on this long journey, you have more to see, more to feel, and more to hear.

Hey, Shoyo, I'm sorry I cannot stay, forgive me for I have been weak, but now I'm tired, I wish to sleep, promise me you'll be strong, be safe, be happy, remember that I never left you, I'm always in your heart."

Those were the last things Shoyo heard from Hitoka, and also the time where he felt heartbreak the hardest. The person he made beautiful memories with, became a memory itself. He refused to go to her funeral, he didn't want the last memory of her being in a coffin lying without a soul.

Shoyo spent his week all gloomy, he didn't do well in his volleyball practices, he had a bad sleep schedule resulting in him always going late for school. Life just isn't the same for him without Hitoka. He even sometimes accidentally went to the hospital because he's too used to it.

31st August 2013 (Saturday)

The evening after school, Shoyo ran straight home and decided to look through some boxes of old stuff in his room. He found many old toys, accessories, and random things. But he found one small box that was hidden so well under his bed. He found a hair tie with 2 blue stars, a lot of books, and dolls.

"Of course... This was your stuff, I would never forget. You loved cute things and reading books, I'd give you one often when I come to visit you. You're so strong back then. You were hurt but you manage to say that you loved me. I love you too and I miss you so much. I kept living as you promised, are you happy up there, Hitoka?" Shoyo spoke to himself.

"Yes, Shoyo, I'm very happy for you," Shoyo heard that voice that sounds just like Hitoka.

"Hitoka...? Is that you?" there was no response after he asked that.

"I'm just daydreaming then, but if it was you, Hitoka, thank you for giving me the best memories in my life, even if it's just for a few years, I'm happy for it and I'll never forget everything you've done to me, I love you, for eternity."

Her Bucket List - End

Thank you so much for all the support, I can see my improvement from chapter 1 to here, sorry I haven't uploaded since September lost all my motivation and ideas those days. I hope you loved it, sorry if it's bad, it's my first time after all.

I put many references in this story:
- Romeo And Juliet;
- Koe No Katachi;
- Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso;
- Habibie Dan Ainun (2012);
- Spider-Man No Way Home;
- In Another Life BokuAka;
- My own life.