ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟚: ℝ𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕆𝕗 𝕊𝕒𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟

-14th May 2013 (Friday)-

Hitoka runs to the school rooftop, Shoyo and her promised to eat lunch together up there. She climbed the last staircase and hit the brakes once she made it to the rooftop floor. She saw Shoyo sitting alone at the bench swinging his feet with the lunch box on his lap. The rooftop is always empty, and that's where the two of them sometimes go when they need personal space. She sits right next to him and prepared her lunch too.

"I wish I could eat something like yours, that meat bun seems tasty," Hitoka said.

"Hey, fruits and vegetables are good too, especially bananas."

"You're right. There are so many onions here, I could throw up eating too much."

"I could eat those, just leave them to me." Shoyo grabs a piece of onion and ate it without hesitation.

Hitoka went shocked a little. 'how does he do that?' she thought.

They continue to eat their lunch peacefully with the cold wind of the spring season. Shoyo got a thought to sit closer to Hitoka. He took time to gather bravery until he forced himself to move. He slides to her and then rests his head on hers. Of course, her face is all red from that, but she doesn't mind and doesn't bother. She even leans even closer to him.

"Hey, Shoyo, can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead."

"Why do you want to help me that much? How could you be so comfortable with me?"

Shoyo took some seconds and think of how to answer the question. "What makes you think I wouldn't be comfortable with you?"

"I make a lot of mistakes?"

"If that's the problem then nobody in this world would be loved and cared for. I'm comfortable with you because you're everything I like, and I want to keep you inside my ring of Saturn."

Hitoka's heart feels warm, his words always manage to warm her heart until she can't even speak. His voice managed to make her think she's in a sunflower field, there lies peace and kindness.

"And I'll keep you as a core inside my sun."

Words cannot describe how much Shoyo loves her, he wishes to live with her forever, but as time keep walking her lifespan gets shorter and shorter. Great sadness will occur and happiness would shatter into trillions of pieces. Everyone will lose someone in their life and realize that no matter how much they spend time, make happiness together, and told them so, it'll never seem like it was enough.

After school

Hitoka and Shoyo walked home together as usual. Shoyo's feet felt a little hurt from today's training so pedaling his bike is a little painful.

"Shoyo, could you come for lunch with my family tomorrow?" Hitoka asked.

"I'm not sure if I can, Aoba Johsai is coming for a practice match on Monday and I got to practice..."

They passed over a bridge with a river below it, Hitoka stopped for a moment and thinks about something from that river.

"Though I can practice in the morning and continue in the evening, maybe I can come, let's just see tomorr- Hitoka? Hitoka what are you doing?!" Shoyo was far from her because he kept walking when she stops. He saw her trying to jump off the bridge to the river, though she's struggling to climb to the railing because she's short. She struggled, but she made it up.

"Hitoka that's dangerous! You'll fall!"

"Let's have fun at the river together, it's not that deep and there are no sharks." she jumped off and made a really big splash. Shoyo immediately checks on her and saw that she didn't show up from the water.

"Hitoka! Are you okay?!" no response, he climbs the bridge railing and jumps to check on her himself. He found her still under the water holding her breath. When she had enough she cannot reach the surface because it's deeper than she thought. Shoyo came to her and carries her in his back so she can breathe again.

"Told you it's dangerous."

"It's deeper than I thought, I thought it would just as high as my neck."

"As high as MY neck, your nose isn't even up there, just your eyes."

"Close enough, I still can breath if I tried."

Shoyo carries her to the river shore where the ground is higher and puts her down. After that, he gave a big splash of water to her.

"H- hey!" Hitoka revenges him with a bigger splash of water and they splash water onto each other since then.

The night came so fast. Hitoka and Shoyo are sitting at the edge of the bridge waiting for their clothes to dry a little. The water was cold and so was the wind so they're shivering a lot.

"I had a lot of memory in this river, I met you the first time in here," said Hitoka.

"Huh? But we met since 1st year of high school."

"I met you when we were kids. I just didn't come to you."

"What was I doing?"

"I'm not sure, it's just a memory that suddenly passes without detailed information." Hitoka sneezed two times right after she spoke that.

"It's getting colder, let's go home." Shoyo stands up.

"Yeah, let's go."

Hitoka was close to her home normally without anything in her way until she trips and fell from a big hole in the ground. She stood up and checks herself. Her arm and knees are bleeding a lot, she thinks it must be because of Cirrhosis.

At home, Hitoka first treats the wounds she got from the fall earlier, then eats dinner with her mother together. But she doesn't have the desire to eat like she used to, she also feels very tired although she was pretty active a while ago. Her mom recommended she sleep so she can be normal again tomorrow.

Hitoka feels hungry in her sleep, but she completely loses appetite to eat anything and is too tired to even move. She fears that all of this is a sign that her Cirrhosis is getting worse. What she fears more is that it's leading her to have liver cancer which decreases her lifespan.

To Be Continued Next Chapter