Chapter 9

Taken back and shocked,I stared at the handsome man that I hadn't seen in a few days.A sigh of relief left my lips when I saw the small smile formed at the corner of his pink lips,he most likely hadn't realised that it was a man in the car which had just driven off.His hands were burried deep in the pockets of his black hoodie and judging by the somewhat unfamiliar expression on his face,I could tell that he had arriven with good news.Overall,he looked happy,though the look was only shown in his eyes,and pleased with himself.

While pushing back my hair which had been blown by the cold wind I approached him,a smile on my face because he was before me.

"What's with the smile?"I asked,stepping in front of his view.

"Nothing"He shrugged with the same curl on his lips,"Just dropped by to share something"

"And what's that?"

I resisted the urge to pull him into a warm hug and use the warmth of his body to prevent feeling cold from the temperature of the damp atmosphere.My eyes couldn't help but gaze at his muscular arms clad in the hoodie.Just looking at them made me want to invite myself into his arms and make myself comfortable.

My thoughts were anything but appropraite considering I had just returned from a date with another man.Not that I would let him know that.

"Just something I figured out the other day"He shurgged once more.

"Well why don't we go inside before we free-"

My statement was stopped by the familiar car stoppping at the end of my driveway.My heart skipped a beat and I could've sworn I looked like a deer caught in headlights at that very moments.I glanced at Marshall and then gestured towards the car,signalling that I was going to check what the person wanted.

I burried my palms in my coat and waked towards the car in my heels,the memory of Marshall's facial expression lingering in my mind as I made my way towards John.

"How come you're back?"I asked John,leaning down so I could get a good view of him through the open window.

"Just though you might need this"

A gasp of surprise left my lips when I relaised that he had raised his hand,bringing up the black,leather object to my view.Sighing,I took the purse and mentally pinched myself for forgetting something so important in his car.

"Thanks so much,John"I said and grasped it,"Good night"

"But before you go!Can I see you tomorrow night?I'll pick you up to come by my place"

With one last wave and smile,he reversed out of the driveway and drove down the long street.Dreading the look that I would see in those once bright eyes of his,I turned back towards Marshall.I approached him slowly,relieved that he wasn't mentioning anything about John.There was no doubt that he had definitely caught sight of him this time.

"You know what?I think I'm gonna head back home,it's getting late"

"Why?You know I don't mind"

"It's really not that important anyway"He dropped his gaze and shrugged casually.I still wasn't convinced.

Before I could delay him anymore,he turned his back and started walking off to his car.I couldn't think of anything to stop him and before I could stop myself I latched onto his fingers,a blush rising on my cheeks when I felt the strong,tingling sensation on my fingers.My heart faltered at the touch of his warm skin on mine.

He turned around swiftly,eyes a little brighter and wider than before.

"Why don't you stop by tomorrow afternoon then?"