Chapter 10

Maybe it was because the famous 'Eminem' was exiting my home,or because another male was beside me,but John had been on the moody side ever since I entered the car.Marshall hadn't even spared the man a quick wave or glance as he trailed behind me and then walked to the sleek,black car parked at the end of my driveway.Both men were pretending the other didn't exist was my conclusion,until John started with the questions.

"Was that really Eminem?"He asked,his strong gaze on the busy road ahead of him.

I was thankful that it was dark in the car,at least he couldn't see the red tinting my cheeks,I couldn't help it.Just the memory of the strong,handsome man made my heart skip a beat.

I nodded slowly and looked at him,awaiting his next reaction.He remained solemn but I could see the burning curiosity in those warm,brown eyes.

"So what's he like?"

"Huh?"I asked,breaking my gaze from the road and shifting it towards him.

"Eminem,what's he like?"

Another blush rose to my heated cheeks,"He's pretty down to earth.He's nothing like how the media makes him out to be"

An uneasy feeling formed in the pit of my stomach when I noticed his eyes were narrowed and dark,suspiscion filling them completely.As if it wasn't obvious from the odd look in his eyes,he was silently questioning about Marshall and I.I would be curious too if someone as famous and intimidating as Eminem himself was the leaving the house of my partner.Marshall looked like the type,and according to the media,was the type,of man who could get almost any woman he wanted.And it was certainly true.

Despite his previously bad mood,John exited the car and opened my door once again like the gentleman he was.Gently taking my small palm in his slightly larger one,he guided us towards his home and my eyes gazed around,pleased by the sight.It was almost exactly what I Expected it to look like.

His home wasn't the largest on the long street,but it was a fair size and looked more comfortable than half the others.Various plants and colourful flowers alligned the pathway leading to the fancy,white door of his light green and olive house.Those were the two colours that I had seen him wearing mostly,and I wasn't surprised when I discovered that the walls of his lovely home were painted the same.The colour seemed to go perfectly with the tall trees and green flora surrounding the building and leading all the way to his backyard.But one thing was for sure,the neat and highly impressive gardening looked like the job of a woman who knew exactly how to handle landscaping.Even the wooden benches and water fountain set in the middle of his yard looked like a professional had planned out the entire setting.

"Did you do this by yourself?"I wondered aloud,holding onto his hand as we walked to his front door.My heels clicked against the dark pitch as I walked beside him on the pathway.

"Of course I did!"He exclaimed,and I creased my eyebrows at the oddly high pitch of his voice,"And if I do say so myself,my work on the garden paid of well.Don't you think?"

I smiled warmly,impressed,"Looks like a professional did this"

His inserted the silver key into the slit and twisted,opening the door to a lovely home.As always,I found myself judging the interior.My job had given me the irritating habit of constantly using my imagination to fix around objects and picture them in my own way.My mind was always,and I mean always,acting as if I was working.

The large kitchen was filled with cabinets which were smooth and sleek,lined up against each other on the light green walls.The couches were white and looking incredibly soft,set on top of of a white,clean carpet.Photos of abstract art pieces hung from the nails on the large walls and I stared at them,wondering if John was actually into art,or if he knew the meaning behind any of these odd paintings.

"Have a seat"He insisted,his loud voice breaking through my thread of thoughts.

I sat silently and stared around,still bewildered by how beautiful the interior of the house was despite it not being as large as the others.

Within minutes he reappeared at the table,a bottle of wine clutched in his large hand and two glasses carlessly being held in the other.

"Since you're such a professional at what you do,why don't you tell my what you think?"He questioned smugly,his pink lips turning up into an attractive smirk.

"It's' lovely,really"I said,gazing around once more,"I didn't expect it to be this beautiful.Oh and by the way,I love your garden"

He smiled and for the first time,I found myself hopelessly lost by the image of his pink lips and straight teeth,matched with his warm eyes and attractive features.And as he leaned closer,I did the same.A tingling sensation ran down my arm as his soft skin touched it,sending me into a frenzy.

Just as he opened his lips and hid his beautiful eyes by closing his eyelids,his cellphone rang.He groaned and looked down at rhe screen,instantly rising from his chair.

"I'm sorry,I need to get this"He said,looking at me with sorrowful eyes,"I'll be right back"

I stared at his back as he exited the dining room and walked out onto the small porch on the other side of the detailed door,standing there and chatting on his cellphone despite the chilly winds.

Rembering the short moment we had just witnessed,I blushed and looked down at the table.I was once certain that I was going to try my best to win Marshall's heart and convince him that I would never hurt or betray him like any other woman did,but now I wasn't sure that I wanted to do that anymore.I was fine with John.