Chapter 1

Somehow my close friend,Britney,had managed to pull me into a store with her at our local mall.My eyes were hurting from staring at the bright orange,pink and green clothing too long.Annoying pop music was playing on the radio and mothers were shouting shamelessly at their young children in front of everyone else.How could she drag her friend who was a professional interior designer into a store filled with horrific clothing with the ugliest patterns?Being a designer meant that right now I was practically dying.

"Does this one look good,Charlie?I need the perfect dress for my cousin's wedding!"She said cheerfully and looked into the long mirror.

"Yeah that one looks fine"I muttered and played around on my cellphone.

"You didn't even look at it!"She exclaimed and ran back into the purple dressing room.

Right now I looked like the little kid who wanted absolutely nothing to do with this store.The litle children's screams were beginning to make my ears hurt and I already had a headache.For the past forty five minutes or so I had been stuck in this store.Part of me wanted to walk right out and leave Britney's ass here but the other part unfortunately wanted to stay and help my best friend pick a dress.Although,she was trying on dresses for quite some time now.

"This one looks per-oh my goodness!"She said with a horrified expression on her face.

"What the heck is up with you?"I asked,confusion clear in my voice.

She grasped my palm in hers and quickly pulled me to my feet.Before I could even ask about her sudden actions she grabbed my shoulders and turned me towards the entrance.My lips clasped together when I caught sight of the tall boy entering the store with a laughing girl on his arm.I wasn't heartbroken that I was seeing my ex boyfriend,I was angry.I was angry that he was still with the girl that he had cheated on me with.I was jealous too,I just didn't want to admit it.

"Let's get out of here!"Britney said and pulled me towards the cashier with her.

She quickly paid for her silver dress and we both dashed out of the store without attracting Kevin's attention.He seemed to be occupied with his..thing.After our long walk to the car park Britney and I were on our way to the near by restaraunt.Not many cars were parked outside but from the view alone I could tell that it was descent enough.

Britney exited the car,after complaining about her heels,and we both proceeded to our seats.A few middle aged women were on the other end of the restaraunt and a family was sat about four seats from ours.

"The funriture in here is terrible.The wall colours don't even make frickin sense"I muttered bitterly and flipped through the menu.

"It's pretty funny having an interior designer as my friend.You complain about bad colours and patterns basically anywhere you go"She said and laughed loudly at me.

"It's not my fault.They could really use my help inside of here"

I watched as Britney laughed meanly at me and flicked her eyes down to her menu,putting on a whole new expression as she did so.My eyebrows creased as I watched her change her expressiom from one of pure amusement to one of complete confusion and seriousness.Was she thinking?Was she angry?Her strange looks weren't helping me.

"What are you thinking about,Brit?"

"I was just wondering if I should ask you this question or not"She said softly.

I stared into her eyes and sent an encouraging nod her way to signal that she should go ahead and ask her question.She looked down for a few seconds before turning her eyes to mine.I knew that she was unsure about the question that she was going to ask.Congratulation,Britney.You turned our fun trip into a serious and confusing one.

"Were you jealous when you saw Kevin and his new girlfriend?"She asked and bit down on her lip.

New girlfriend?He was practically dating her while he dated me.

"No not really.I'm over him now.Why would you ask that?"

"Because I know that everyone's asking about when you're going to settle down.Why don't you ever try to date,Charlie?You turn heads everytime you walk into a room.Any boy would want you"She said and looked at me with a look of concern on her face.

"I don't need to date anyone,Brit.I'm happy with how my life is at the moment"I muttered and sipped on my cold drink.

Truth is,I didn't actually want to date anyone.Ever.Even as a little girl I had watched true love fall apart right in front of my own eyes.My parents were in love until they started fighting like maniacs.I had seen how heartbroken my brother was when his girlfriend left him and her son alone.Whenever I thought of her,I thought of Josh.Of course I wanted to give Josh even more cousins in the future but it seemed impossible.Romance just wasn't a good thing in the Marvis family.

"You never know umtil you try"Britney said with a cheesy smile on her face.

"I have tried,Brit.Men around my age are too immature and I'm not going to date a teenager"I said and raised my eyebrow at her.

I entered the building that had a large sign which said "Charlotte M. Designs" on it.As usual the furniture was in place and my employees were happily chatting with one another.I smiled whenever I came inside and saw the fancy furniture,inspiring pictures and warm colours.I had designed the buliding by myself.It was always good to have my clients impressed as soon as they walked through the white doors.

I waved to my secretary,my close friend Jada,and walked into my office.As soon as I walked through the door I grabbed the air condition remote out of habit and hit the power button.I plopped myself onto the large,comfortable sofa in my beautifully decorated office and sighed happily.I was so grateful that I now ran my own business.I was a great boss and my workplace was too comfortable.I could practically lay around and do nothing all day in my office if I wanted to.

"Can I come in?"I heard Jada ask from outside.

I replied and smiled as Jada walked in with her usual cheerful self.A folder of files was grasped tightly in her hands and she was dressed professionaly in her black and white suit.

"I just came by to tell you about your next assignment.You're going to be working with another celebrity again"She said with a bright smile on her face.

I stopped flipping through the files in my hand and watched her as she gave out more details.Another celebrity?My career was finally starting to be known around famous people.The first celebrity that I worked with was Britney Spears and I had completely recreated her studio.From then on I had started working with more famous people.I did everything from kitchens,to living rooms,to bedrooms to music and dance studios.

"That's great.Who are we working with now?"I asked and sat up properly,excited for the news.

"Eminem"Jada said simply and looked at me with an excited grin on her face.

My eyes widened when I heard the name.I had worked with rappers before but Eminem?Part of me wished that she had actually said "M&M" as in the candy.I knew a little about him from television.I knew about his daughter,his divorce and how he almost passed away but the thought of working with him honestly scared me a little.Everyone knew that he was a professional and serious man.What the hell would happen to me if I didn't do my job for him right?

"He's a really big celebrity"I whispered to myself and passed my palm along my forhead.

"I know he is"She replied and passed me the files.

Jada left after greeting me goodbye and headed back to her office.A sigh escaped my lips when I saw that he was requesting I deisgned his studio.To say that I was nervous was an understatement.Eminem was probably so professional and knew exactly how he wanted his studio to be done.If I messed up this opportunity it meant that my job was in danger.I had to work extra hard to impress someone as famous as him.