XVI. Crossing paths

i think we've all been waiting for this moment - Ori will finally meet Orochimaru. can't wait to hear your thoughts!!

enjoy❤️

*

"Shoot!" Naruto said, his eyes big.

"That's the whistle!" I said, rushing to the forest. "Come on!"

In less three two seconds, we were speeding towards Kakashi. I saw him the moment we entered the forest - we were jumping on branches and he was only a few meters away, on the highest tree. He wanted to look for a path that could lead to the cave, but now he was on guard, in front of two muscular Shinobi, on the same branch. They were all gasping, like they had fought before Kakashi even whistled and they were standing far away from each other. It looked like they were confronting with their eyes.

My heart bounced inside my chest when we rushed ahead.

"Kakashi-sensei!" Sakura yelled. She was helped by Naruto, but they weren't moving as fast as they should've.

Kakashi popped his eyes and turned around, as well as the two enemies. They only saw Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke. Kakashi looked at the men and then at his comrades, a confused look embracing his face.

I was waiting, on the ground, watching them from underneath the branches. That idea came to my head a couple of moments before Sakura had yelled - I told them that I should've stayed hidden and attack the two men from behind while the fight was going on, because I was sure that another battle was going to come. It was a great chance of surprising those two, so we wouldn't lose so much time battling.

"Stay back! This is our fight, you brats!" one of the men said, raising a big sword. "If you come closer, I'm gonna have to kill you three as well!"

"Oh..." Sasuke rolled his eyes. "And I guess you don't want to do that..."

"We've got your back, Sensei!" Naruto said, landing on the branch Kakashi and the two Ninja were. Sasuke landed on Kakashi's other side.

"Amazing!" Kakashi smiled. "Now you're about to see my comrades kicking your buts!"

"Yes!" Sakura giggled, stepping away from Naruto, even if her leg wasn't entirely okay. "I think Orochimaru warned you about Team 7. We... never... lose..."

Kakashi looked at them, suddenly panicked, realizing that I wasn't there. Than, he frowned, looking down for just one second. The Sound Ninja didn't even observe it. I got it: he spotted me. I sighed - good thing he didn't ask where I was; it would've blown my cover. I just had to wait for them to fight and then... attack them when they last expected it.

"Hatake Kakashi..." one of the Shinobi tilted his head. "You look tired."

"Yeah, well... let's say that I didn't get much sleep..." Kakashi winked at them.