XV. One step closer...

welcome back, u angels❤️

this chapter is really cute, I honestly love love love it🧡🙈 🙈

enjoyy

*

"Kakashi-sensei, can we stop for a second?" We watched Sakura. She was limping - her wound was bleeding again.

After we all recovered from the battle, we got as far away as possible from that cliff. Right after we left, a new feeling came, my eyes brighter than before - the blue was more intense. We agreed that we were getting closer and closer. So we left that platform - we walked for two hours, as we couldn't speed through the other part of the forest, toward the right path. Sakura was injured and I was still weakened from the Ninjutsu that I used.

I explained to them that I had no clue of how to use Earth Release. I told them I felt my eyes burning and I knew they turned blue. It was clear that it had to do with the Blue Bird. I was completely convinced that I had that power - now, more than ever. I, practically, saved my life, I did something I didn't know I was capable of and... the bird helped me. Maybe it was waking up after all...  But it didn't matter. We were all back to normal, or at least that was what I thought. We have been pretty silent while walking.

Sasuke have been walking next to me and he was holding his shurikens really close to his sleeve edge.

After those two hours of walking on a boring, old forest road, we had a break. It only lasted half an hour, in which we ate a bit, helped Sakura with her wound and then, we left.

Now, we have been walking for four hours and it was nearly seven in the afternoon... The sun was getting ready to set and I, myself, felt really tired. But I couldn't show it to them. I didn't want to. Sasuke, Kakashi and Naruto seemed able to continue, but Sakura clearly needed a break.

"Yes, of course!" Kakashi nodded. "Let's stop. Let me look around, then..."

I put Sakura's arm over my shoulder and Naruto took her other arm. Sasuke stepped after Kakashi and pointed at a clear spot between some fir trees. Kakashi walked toward that place, followed by Sasuke, who was waiting for the three of us. Sakura's leg started to shake as we helped her move toward that camping spot. I felt grateful that we were always finding one of those.

"Hold on!" I said, helping her step over a fallen branch. "Kakashi-sensei will take a look at it."

"Thanks..." she muttered. Her forehead was sweaty, but she was trying not to show us her pain.

Kakashi threw his backpack on the ground and stretched his arms, so he could take Sakura. Me and Naruto slowly let her go and Kakashi picked her up in his arms, placing her near his backpack. He gently put her down and asked me to hold her on my lap. I moved quickly, my heart beating faster. Sakura's wound was bleeding pretty badly and the bandage we used to cover it was nearly broken. I held my breath when she flinched - Kakashi was undoing the bandage.