| XXXIII | Attempting Escape

*No POV*

     The ghosts had heard Morro's order to protect the Preeminent loud and clear. This they were definitely doing.

     To stop the realm from drowning, many of them lifted the empty buildings and stuck them to every part of its body. When this happened, the small lanterns glowed green.

     And this continued until no single part of it—save for the gaping mouth that continued to spurt out ghosts by the second—was left bare. In the end, what stood in front of them was a better equipped super monster on two legs, arms kilometers long.

     The four Ninja gaped in both awe and disgust. This beast had not only higher defense, but greater strength as well. And they all had to get out of there as fast as they could.

     Jay gulped. "Just when you thought you've seen it all..."

     The people obviously couldn't take their sight off the massive enemy, unable to do anything but scream. Some even tried moving toward the front of the ship, where it was just a bit farther from Stiix.

     The Preeminent continued to make an ugly groaning noise, crushing anything it stomped on. Soon, there would truly be nothing left of the city.

     On the ship, Wu looked extremely worried. "Let's hope it can't swim."

     "We need more speed!" Ronin persisted, rushing over to the captain.

     Nya lifted her hood over her head. "I've gotta help the Ninja!" Without hesitation, she hopped onto the separated stilts, heading toward the Preeminent.

     And Ronin shoved the captain away. "Let me." He took hold of the lever, pulling it back once before pushing it forward at full speed. The ship began to move slightly quicker—it wasn't much, but it made a difference.

     The beast saw this, roaring loudly and turning its feet to follow. Coincidentally, it was a multitude of ghosts doing all of the moving.

     The four Ninja ran across the buildings that were still on the ground in an attempt to catch up. Kai announced to his team, "We have to destroy that thing before it reaches the ship!"

     With the help of the ghosts, the Preeminent threw a large house toward the ship. Just before it hit them, Red slashed it in half with his magic. The two pieces fell in the water on the side of the ship, making less of a splash than it would have.

     He let out a small sigh of relief just as Wu said, "Good, Red. I'm afraid until the others return, you're our only source of power."

     "So long as the Preeminent does not walk on water, I can stop whatever is thrown this way," he responded. Red now jumped toward the back of the ship where there was not only the least amount of people, but it was the closest to the realm.

     Another house, somewhat smaller, was launched in their direction once again. It was better aimed at the ship than the first, but Red simply lifted his arm, magic wrapping around it. The house disappeared in a few seconds.

     The Ninja were now much closer to the Preeminent, using Airjitzu to get right behind it. They continued to run.

     "PIXAL has detected over five hundred ghosts aboard this walking fortress, and the number is climbing!" Zane told his teammates as they stopped on top of a house.

     "If we have to destroy this thing one ghost at a time, so be it!" Coole said with a strong determination.

     When a large hand swooped down in an attempt to grab Kai, he jumped and grabbed onto a piece of the arm. "Then I want a front row ticket... Ninja-Go!" He did a backflip in the air, falling many feet until he landed on the foot of the beast. The other three followed in their Airjitzu tornadoes.