First Kiss of The New Year (Niall&&Emmy)

“Em, are you ready?” My friend, Dani called from the living room as I was getting ready for a New Years’ Eve party with her, and our other friends, Savannah/Sav, Jillian/Jilli and Danielle.

“Yeah, D, I’m ready. We can go now.” I said, walking into the room, dressed to impress.

“Damn, girl. You look hot!” Dani said to me as I spun around in my dress for her. (External link)

“Thanks! So do you! Let’s go partay!!” I said, grabbing her hand and running to Jilli’s car.

Saying hello to all the girls, we drove off to the most exclusive party of the year, that we got invited to because Sav happens to be dating one of the hosts, as are the other girls dating his friends.

Here’s the back story. I’m Emmy, 17 years old. My life has been put on display for so many people because of my status as dancer for One Direction along with my four best friends. My best friends as said before are Dani, Sav, Jilli and Danielle. Sav is dating Louis, Jilli is with Harry, Danielle is with Liam and Dani is with Zayn. That leaves me and Niall.

Well, Niall and I have an interesting relationship. One second we’re all cozy like we’re a couple the next we are arguing like we’re brother and sister about dumb things. I honestly do like Niall. I think he likes me too, but when we get too comfortable, we get up tight, push each other away and end up in an argument. Tonight, I’m done. Tonight is my night to not get up tight with him. I’m putting my foot down and dealing with this like the strong independent lady I am.

Pulling up to the Tomlinson-Styles residence, we all got out of the car. The other girls ran in to find their boyfriends, while I walked in closing the front door behind me. Look around, searching for the blonde Irishman, finding him sitting by the food table, bobbing his head to the music, with a pint in his hand.

“Hey, Ni!” I said, walking over to him.

“Emmy, glad you could make it! Where are the others?” He said, wrapping me in a hug.

“Do you even have to ask?” I said, giving him an “are you kidding me” face. “plus we wouldn’t miss this party for the world!”

He laughed, pulling me with him to get me a drink and himself another.

“Here you are.” Niall said handing me a plastic cup filled with some type of alcoholic drink.

“Thank you.” I said taking it from him and sipping it. “Ah, good choice, Ni.”

“Vodka Red Bull.” He said knowingly while flushing slightly, as he knew my favorite drink.

Two hours and 3 drinks later about 5 minutes before midnight/New Years

“Niall, can I talk to you?” I asked, buzzed.

“Sure, babes.” He said, pulling me out to the backyard, away from all the noise. “What’s up, Em?”

“Niall, what are we?” I asked, bluntly.

“What do you mean?” He cocked his head to the side looking confused.

“What are we? We act like a happy couple one second and the next we are fighting like cats and dogs.” I said, “I’m pretty sure the girls refer to us as the old married couple who doesn’t know it.”

“That’s what the boys say too.” He said, less confused. “Honestly, Emmy, I really do like you. It’s just that whenever it gets to that point when I’m ready to ask you… you know, I get insecure and unsure of myself.” He explained, looking down. “Like I feel like I’m not good enough for you.”

“Niall, don’t ever think that. If anything I’m not good enough for you.” I said. “Listen to me. The next time you’re ready just ask. I think we both know what the answer will be.”

“Niall, Emmy! C’mon the ball’s about to drop!” Louis shouted from inside the house.

We walked in the living room.

“Here we go!” Niall said, grabbing my hand.

“10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

HAPPY NEW YEAR!”  We all shouted when the ball dropped and the clock reached midnight.

“Emmy, will you be my girlfriend?” Niall asked, pulling me to look into his eyes.

“Yes, Niall, I would love that.” I said, wrapping my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist.

“Happy New Year, babes.” He said. Leaning in, first kiss as boyfriend and girlfriend, first kiss of the New Year.

 AN. Happy New Year, every one! Make it your year. 2013 awaits! Sorry for the long wait on this one shot. Pic on side: No words for how gorgeous that boy... excuse me MAN is! ;D <3 Hope you enjoyed this!