Our Story! Michaela and DeAndre (American Idol)

"Mommy, will you tell us the story of how you and daddy met again?" My beautiful daughters, Alison Joy, and Cecilia Rose asked me for the millionth time since they could talk.

"Ok, girls. As long as you go get ready for bed first." I replied.

They both took off running  to their room to get their pajamas on.

"Don't forget to brush your teeth." I called to them from the living room sitting on the couch next to out dog, Rue.

A few minutes later they walked back down in their pajamas with their hair and teeth brushed.

"Ok, we're ready! Your turn, Mommy." They said coming to sit on my lap.

"Alright, girls. Let's get you comfortable in your beds first though." I said, standing and picking up my two 5 year olds at the same time. I walked them up the stairs to their room and tucked them in. I pulled up my "storytelling chair" and began their bedtime story

(About Ten years ago)

Here I am again. For the second time trying out for American Idol. The first time I auditioned, Simon was the only on that said yes, but Paula and Randy said I needed a fwe more years, but that was 4 years ago when I was a mere 20 years old. Now I'm 24 and I know this is where I belong.

"Michaela, are you ready to go back in there and face the judges again?" Ryan asked me.

"Yeah buddy! I am. I think last time I was here I was still a kid, but now I have grown up, so, hopefully, they agree too!" I replied with loads of confidence. 

"OK, well, get on in there! Good luck." He said, opening the door for me I walking into theroom and decided I was going to sing "God Bless The Child" by Billie Holiday.

"Hey, dawg!" Randy said, "you look familiar. Have you been here before?"

"Yeah. I auditioned four seasons ago. Simon was the only one that liked my rendition of Miley Cyrus's "Party In The USA". I replied, smiling widely at Simon.

"Ah, yes! I remember you." Simon stated. "Well, Michaela, what do you have for us today?"

"God Bless The Child, by Billie Holiday." I stated. (play side video)

"Alright! Sing your heart out." And I did just that. And more.

When I finished all the judges smiled, looked at each other and counted down....

"3... 2.... 1, YES!" They all shouted!

"That's three yes's this time around." Randy said, "Glad you came back. See you in Hollywood!"

I ran out of the room with my Golden Ticket and screamed as loudly as I could.

(Fast forward to Top 6)

 "OK, everyone, we are back with America's results. We have DeAndre Brackensick, Scotty McCreery, Michaela Starr, and Caroline Terranova. sitting in the safe seats so far. Who else will be joining themm? Dim the lights and we will find out" Ryan said, with Lauren Alaina and Haley Reinhart standing in the center of the stage.

"Ohhhhhhh, it seems we have a tie. Sorry ladies, you will both be eliminated." Ryan stated. They both broke down. (A.N. I know that would never happen but just go with it)

"Next week, we will have previous Idol runner up, David Archuleta, on the show as a mentor. See you all next time on.... American Idol!"

"Congrats, DeAndre!" I said, to the gorgeous, curly haired guy sitting on my right, giving him a hug.

"You too, Michaela!" He said, returning the hug.

(After the show)

"Hey, Michaela!" I heard a voice calling my name as I walked to my room. Turning around to see DeAndre standing there.

"Hey, D. What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just came to say I think you did wonderfully tonight, and that I hope we stay friends after this." He replied, in a really sincere voice.

"Me too! That would definitely have to happen. We just have to ignoe the dating rumours." I chuckled, nervously knowing I didn't really want to do what I had just said.

"Why would we have to ignore them?" He asked, confused, "would you be ashamed to be seen with me, if we were dating?"

"Oh, no no no! It's just I don't think-" before I could finish my rambling DeAndre's lushious lips were planted firmly against mine! I soon returned the favor feeling sparks all over.

We reluctantly relased from the kiss and walked our seperate ways as we needed sleep before the big day.

(Finale Votes)

"And the winner of American Idol season 9 is... Scotty McCreery!"' Ryan Seacrest exclaimed.

DeAndre and I hugged him and then each other.

(Present day)

"And we whispered at the same time 'I won something much better than American Idol'." I finished the story. "The End!"

"Mommy, how come we don't see Uncle Scotty or Auntie Caroline anymore?" Cecilia asked, quietly.

"Well, maybe, we can call them up sometime, but right now its time for bed." I replied.

"Daddy!" Alison climbed out of bed and walked to the door, hugging her wonderful father, my beautiful husband and best friend forever, DeAndre.

We tucked our girls in and walked to bed, "Hey, Michaela."

"Yeah, D." This time when I turned around he was already kissing me softly.

"I'm so glad we didn't ignore all those dating rumours." I replied as we released from the kiss that still left sparks flying everytime!

"Me too. Goodnight, Mrs. Brackensick." He said, smiling.

"Goodnight, Mr. Brackensick." And we fell asleep without a regret.