I Love You For The First Time (Me&Niall) ONESHOT CONTEST!!

This oneshot is for @_HakunaMatata_ (Delilah’s) One Direction oneshot Contest. Enjoy. I’m elaborating on one of the oneshots I have already written so you might want to start with that one, Matchmaker Repayed.

“Caroline, are you ready for me to do your make up yet?” My wonderful older sister, Lily asked me. You see today is my one year anniversary with Niall and I’m super nervous.

“Yes, Lily, I’m ready whenever you are.” I said, back to her as I walked out of my bathroom after taking a shower.

 My sister walked in and sat me down by my mirror with my back to it so I couldn’t peak. I spent this time thinking about how Niall and I got here.

(Flashback)

 I rushed upstairs to my room after seeing what I just saw, bawling my eyes out.

 In case you were wondering, I just witnessed my boyfriend of almost 4 months with my so-called best friend, Delilah; (AN. There you are! I would never expect you to do this to any friend, but it worked with the story) Making out in his car. I knew Josh was like this and I had completely believed that he’d changed, but I guess not.

 There was a knock at the front door. Knowing who it was, I just cried more. Yes, that’s right; Josh and I were supposed to go see a movie tonight.

 “Caroline, Josh’s here.” My older sister, Lily, came in my room. “Car, what happened?”

 “I’ll tell you later, but right now I have to go break up with Josh.” I said, standing from my bed throwing on a big hoodie and walking down the stairs to see Josh’s scummy face at the door.

“Hey, Caroline, are you ready to go to the movies?” He asked, not looking at my face yet. When he looked up his expression changed, “Care, what’s wrong?”

“Josh, I know about you and Del. I saw you in your car, in the park, after school today, so don’t try and make excuses for yourself.” I said, looking him in the eyes. “I thought you changed Josh, but I guess not. In case you didn’t get the picture, it’s over. Please leave now.”

He didn’t say a word to me after that moment. He just walked out of my house with that same scummy look on his face.

“Caroline, that’s terrible.” Lily said, hugging me after I explained what happened.

 “Honestly, I don’t really care anymore. But it just hurts and doesn’t help the fact that I have trust issues already.” I said. You see when Lily and I were younger, my mom and dad, didn’t want us. They treated us like dirt and when Lily turned 17 and I turned 15 they kicked us out of the house, and now we live with our adoptive parents.

“Car, don’t think of what happened with mom and dad. We have a new life now. New friends, new parents and we are closer than ever. Even if I don’t seem to listen or pay attention to you sometimes, we’re still best friends no matter what.” Lily said, releasing me from the hug.

(Back to the Present) 

“Lily.” I said, as she was working on my hair now.

“Yeah, Car.”

“Thank you. For everything.” I said.

“You’re welcome, Sis.” She responded, “Are you ready to see what I have created?” She asked, as I nodded, she turned me around.

Looking into the mirror, I saw a beautiful butterfly. After I broke up with Josh, I grew closer to my best friend, Niall Horan. At one point, Niall and I both admitted to liking each other, but every time he asked me to be his girlfriend, I’d say “not yet, Niall. I still need time to cope from Josh.” After a while he gave up, and I was starting to think that I lost my chance with him, but on my 16th birthday Niall surprised me.