Our Bench (Niall&&Paisley)

“Paisley, come on! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.” My best friend, Stephanie, begged me once again to try out for The X-tra Factor with her.

“I already told you, Steph, my voice isn’t strong enough yet. Maybe next year, but I need some serious vocal work before then.” I answered honestly. You see, my name is Paisley. As a 16 year old girl my life is very much occupied by writing songs, doing poetry, playing the guitar and learning/slowly falling in love with the piano.

“Alright, we are going to work every day until you think you’re ready for next year’s tryouts!” Stephanie exclaimed as she pulled my arm towards my music room.

We did just that for over 5 hours every day for the next year.

(Fast forward- 1 year later)

“Paisley, can you believe we are on the same stage One Direction performed on???!!” Stephanie asked me, as we walked out onto the stage of The X Factor for our rehearsal for tonight’s performance.

“Not really, Stephanie! This is going to be a great experience!” I said, turning towards her, “Thank you for pushing me to get here, Steph. I couldn’t have done it without you.” I wrapped my arms around her.

“You’re welcome, Girl! I’m glad we made it this far.” She said, hugging back, “Yes, this is going to an extraordinharry experience.”

We released from the hug and started to prepare our song for the night. Tonight we were singing The Scientist by Coldplay. The reason we chose this song is because it reflects our fights with before this competition and now that we are here how much harder it is than we thought it was.

(Fast forward-the performance)

From our spots behind the curtain, Stephanie and I could hear our mentor, Mr. Simon Cowell announce us.

“Tonight I have for you all, the amazing and talented, Paislanie, with Coldplay’s The Scientist.” He said, as we walked out on the stage to the roaring crowd.

(Stephanie)

 Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry

You don't know how lovely you are

I had to find you, tell you I need you

Tell you I set you apart

Tell me your secrets, and ask me your questions

Oh let's go back to the start

Running in circles, coming in tails

Heads on a science apart

(Both)

Nobody said it was easy

It's such a shame for us to part

Nobody said it was easy

No one ever said it would be this hard

Oh, take me back to the start.

(Paisley)

I was just guessing at numbers and figures

Pulling the puzzles apart

Questions of science, science and progress

Do not speak as loud as my heart

And tell me you love me, come back and haunt me

Oh and I rush to the start

Running in circles, chasing our tails

Coming back as we are