01 ● Emotions

Heal my heart
Like it's yours.
Maybe that will
Prove your love.

━━━━━◆᯽︎◆━━━━━

Sadness? Did she ever feel sadness? Growing up Jannat always considered Zairaah her real mother

Sadness? Did she ever feel sadness? Growing up Jannat always considered Zairaah her real mother. Zairaah never treated Jannat differently. Parishay, her biological mother was in her mind all the time. She knew what a painful death her mother died. She stared at the picture. Her dead mother. Parishay's picture. She was smiling looking at Ahad. It was their wedding's pictures.

She closed it in a hush as she heard someone walking towards her room. Keeping the album which had soo many memories below her pillow, she quickly laid down in the bed and closed her eyes. She pretended to sleep. She could rarely lie. She was a bad liar.

The door creaked opened and Ahad walked in to see his elder daughter sleeping. Her eyes closed tightly.

"People do not sleep like they are wincing because of pain. At least think about lying accurately, Jannat," Ahad sat beside his fake asleep daughter. She opened her eyes sighing.

"Why can't I lie?!"

Ahad giggled, "People with innocent hearts cannot lie. And you my daughter, you can never lie."

"Papa, don't make me feel like I am bad at it." She whined.

"It's good that you are bad at practising a bad habit," Zairaah entered. Her stepmother and the one who loved Jannat were like her own.

"Mummy!" Jannat hugged her.

"Yes, Jaani. It's late, you should get up now."

Zairaah warned. "Yeah, I am up."

Zairaah removed Jannat's hair disturbing her face and placed them behind her ears. Zairaah said,

"My beautiful daughter has grown up so fastly. Time flew."

"Indeed," Ahad agreed.

"Ok ok. Now you guys will make me emotional. Let's go before Wafah and Zain take the whole house up in their heads because they didn't get the breakfast on time. It's their 10th board so we need to rush," Jannat got up from the bed. Taking her outfit, she walked towards the bathroom. Zairaah and Ahad left her room.

She changed her outfit and walked out of her washroom all ready. She took the album that she had kept below the pillow earlier and kept it in her cupboard.

How much she wished to see her biological mother once. No matter how much love Ahad and Zairaah showered her with, she just once wanted to spend a moment with Parishay. It wasn't like she was not thankful for having Zairaah. She just wanted to feel how is it to be with a biological mother. Just for once.

She descended the stairs in a rush after taking her college bag and wearing her abaya.

"Where are you going Jaan-e-man?"