37 ● Change

Use your love before it uses you

Love, the most complex and powerful of emotions, has the ability to transform a man's life in both beautiful and devastating ways

When a man is deeply in love, he becomes a treasure, radiating happiness, passion, and devotion. His eyes sparkle with joy, his laughter echoes with genuine warmth, and his actions are filled with love and care. He cherishes his partner, making her feel like the most special person in the world. Every moment spent together is a precious gift, and he willingly gives his heart to her, trusting that their love will remain steadfast. However, when a man's love is betrayed by his beloved, the world around him crumbles into a disaster.

The pain runs deep, tearing his heart apart, shattering his dreams, and leaving him feeling lost and broken. The betrayal casts a dark shadow over his soul, eroding his trust and leaving scars that may take a lifetime to heal. The once vibrant treasure becomes a tragic figure, haunted by the memories of love lost and struggling to find hope and meaning in the aftermath.

Shuraim was a man molded with yearning for maternal love his entire life. But when he got married to the love of his life, she turned out to be his brother's girlfriend. He walked down the stairs, absolutely tired even after a full night's sleep. The morning sun gave a hue of lazy orange and yellow. He stared at the hall. He went to the dinning hall, trying to find his wife. No matter how he treated her, he just wanted to know if she was here, safe.

"Jannat?" He called out in his hoarse and hazy voice of just woken up. "Jannat?" He called again, noticing the hot oats on the table with a glass of fresh lemonade. He looked up when she came out of the kitchen. "Yes?" She called. He walked to her, touched her forehead to check if she had fever because of how tired she was last night. She removed his hand, gently and slowly. "I am fine. Stop pretending like you care," she says, refusing to look at him.

His gaze hardened like steel. It looked just like a flower turned into a rough ball of yarn. He looked away and sat at the table. She stood there as he ate his breakfast. He didn't speak a word nor did she. "Do you need anything else?" She asks. He looks up. "Sit down." He signals her to sit next to him. She did, still looking down.

"Look up." She didn't. "Look up." She declines to. His hand went up to her chin and he pulled her chin. Her eyes were still low. "You know, I hate to repeat." She looks at him, this time. She was just scared that he might do anything.

"When you are with me, you look at me. I should not see you with your eyes low."

She nods, slowly. "Words, Jaana. I want words." She stared at him and their eyes stayed locked. Both yearned to express the admiration they had for each other. At the same time the fire between them burnt away all the love that was once woven. "I will."

He left her chin and held her hand as he ate his breakfast, gradually playing with her fingers. It's not like she felt nothing. Her stomach felt butterflies and her mind flipped a thousand times over thinking about why he held her if he hated her.