15 ● Alive

You are a beautiful hope.
━━━━━◆᯽︎◆━━━━━

The sky grew beautiful tonight

There was just a little amount of conviction in her heart that he'd be fine. Shuraim would be alright. Even though it was a little but the hope and conviction were there.

The corridors of the hospital seemed quite stilly except for the roars of people outside that had hushed a few hours ago. Jannat gazed at the end of the corridor when the clock was about to hit two in the morning. She pondered over the fact when Suhera stated to the police that Shuraim met her last before going out of their mansion.

She said they had a tense argument over some personal reasons before he left. The senior doctor strides out of the operation theatre, removing his mask and gloves which had blood. Goosebumps rushed in her body when he eyes settled on his gloves. Noticing her fear, the doctor quickly shoved the gloves towards the dustbin.

Ali stood in front of him, accompanied by everyone behind him. "Shuraim is fine sir and he'd be fine once he gets blood. The bullet went deep but he'd be fine. He requires blood at the moment. He had lost much of his blood before coming to the hospital. We are running out of his blood group. We have already sent a request to the blood bank for AB positive group but they responded by saying that they had run out of donors for the group. Please try from your side sir if we could get blood for him."

The doctor sighed before speaking again a while later, "It's not our fault sir nor is it of the blood bank because AB positive is the rarest blood group. Only two percent of the population in the world acquired it."

"I understand, Dr. Saleem. I would have donated but I have diabetes, Suhera's blood type is O negative, whereas, in our family, AB positive blood group is acquired by Shuraim and Tai-"

"My blood group is AB positive," Jannat cut Ali. Their eyes sparkled with a hint of hope. Jannat inherited her blood group from her dead biological mother, Parishay. "Are you alright with donating it?"

She nodded without thinking twice, lastly glancing at Ahad who had a comforting smile on his face then towards her mother. She tapped her shoulder, to encourage her gesture.

"Please come with us for the tests."

Jannat strode behind the doctors, Suhera went with her, besides. After the test was done, the reports come out positive and the blood group came the same. She was taken to donate her blood in the Operation Theatre, making her lay down just beside the vast area of the ward. They had a screen that separated them. Her eyes danced towards the end, trying to get a glance at him.

She never a night like this would arrive, making her so worried about him when I week ago she was finding reasons to abandon this marriage, the one to hate him now she was donating her blood.