41 ● Collapse

Conversation and Communication are too different things in love.

“Taimoor had been improving. He is able to talk now and he asked about you and Shuraim.” Suhera smiled as her mother's voice reached her ear. “What did he ask about me?”

“He just said that Suhera will be late for school if I keep being beside him.” Rumana chuckled. “He thinks you are still a baby and are in school.”

“Seriously?” Suhera too laughed at that and took a bite of cheesecake that Ahsan made for her. He had kept it in the fridge and left for the office when she was sound asleep. With a note that read.

Cheesecake - probably the only thing I learnt for my cheesy sweetheart.

I'll be back by 9, Hera.

She was blushing ever since reading that note. She moaned at the best taste it gave her of the cheesecake. Chocolate flavoured with best taste of the crunches.

“I want to see him, Ammi… I want to talk to him.”

“Soon you will.”

“How is Baba?”

“He is… fine.”

“What's with the pause, Ammi? He is okay right?” There was a long pause before Rumana talked again. Suhera sensed something was wrong. She asked again, “Tell me, Ammi… I know there is something wrong.”

“No.”

“Stop lying to me. You are the first person I can trust. ”

“He… he is… sick.” Suhera knew it. “I am coming!”

Taimoor, gravely ill, slumps in a wheelchair, gazing wistfully out the window. His eyes brim with a profound yearning for the freedom and vitality of the world beyond the glass, which now seems like an unreachable paradise to him.

He just kept staring. His mind revolved around the world. Has it really been two years since he went into a coma? Has he wasted 2 years of his life?

In the midst of vehicles passing in the road, there was a black Rolls Royce standing just opposite of him in the road. He recognised it somewhere in his memory. He held his head while trying to remember why it was there. His vitals went up. What did this Rolls Royce mean to him?

The lights inside the car flickered on and he saw the person sitting in the car. And his heart skipped a beat with fear and panic.

The memories pushed in and painted his mind with beautiful colors. He remembered it all. Each and everything. Their smiles, their eye locks, their promises, their peace.

“Juv…eria.” he mouthed. And within a few seconds the car passed from the road while his brown eyes watched it leave as he held his head.

“She was there. She was there… she let it happen.”  he closed his eyes shut while taking the biscuit he was eating from the plate in his lap. He scrunched it, breaking into many pieces. He breathed in and out slowly and calmed down soon after.