38 ● Tears

If something makes you cry, that's love.

Shuraim had been working tirelessly for the past night, he didn't come out of his study

Shuraim had been working tirelessly for the past night, he didn't come out of his study. After having her dinner alone, Jannat went to their room and tried to sleep. She was tired, but today she felt sick to her stomach. She didn't eat her lunch because of it.

It was only today, she could actually surf around the house. Trying to know how the outsides of the house looked like. She couldn't sleep. She got up and wore her dupatta around her shoulders. She wore her shoes and removed the curtains. She went outside on the balcony and a fresh stroke of air brushed her. She felt relieved and took in a harsh breath. The calmness was beautiful yet it missed something. Jannat kept walking towards the grill and noticed how the house was at the beginning of the street and shone the brightest. It was a freaking villa. Shuraim was too rich but nothing mattered to her.

The villa was guarded with men and their huge guns. Once they caught her escaping this boundary, they could shoot her. Like Jannat's father said that rich people keep guns for safety. Would they kill someone out of rage? This golden cage didn't please her. She wished to be loved. She wished to be respected. She wished to be prioritized. Here, she was used for some bloody revenge she didn't even know why?

She closed her eyes to take in a moment for herself. She remembered Shuraim's words on the first day here.

".... Taimoor."

That was what he said. She didn't recognise the name. No matter how much she keeps thinking about it. She didn't recognise it. And there she couldn't find a way out to make Shuraim believe. Why would she try? Didn't he trust her ever? Isn't trust the foundation of a relationship?

"You should have slept." She didn't move nor did she turn. She knew. She has only one human inside the premise. "Aren't you sleepy after all the work you did?" She was living the life of a princess back in Pakistan and here she is, living like she was never one, the question was why was she feelin alright with it? Why did she not have the urge to run away yet? Did she want to work like this from the beginning? Or has she become emotionally detached with everything that nothing really mattered to her anymore?

"I couldn't sleep." He snaked his arms around her waist and whispered, "Come, I'll make you sleep."

He tried to drag her but she didn't budge.

"I don't want to come."

He came and stood in front of her. "Do you want anything? You want to go shopping tomorrow? Do you want to go on a date? You want a Nutella? Ice cream? What do you want to do? Tell me."

She looked at him as if he was a ghost. She was pretty used to how he treated her in two ways. Brutal and too good to be true. The first stage of his way is always kind and when he drops her from the sky, that's when she feels worse.