Let us begin

3 years later

"What is this?" Emma asked curiously.

"It's a gate.  It connects the inside and outside." Ray responded with a bored tone.

"Outside, huh.  We've never been outside." Emma pointed out.

"Of course we haven't.  It's against the rules," I stated.  "Not until we're adopted, Emma.  Be patient."

"Awww, but I don't want to!" Norman chuckled at her.

"Remember what Mama always tells us?  'Never go near the gate or the fence in the back of the forest because it's dangerous.'"

"That's obviously a lie," me and Ray said simultaneously.  I giggled, mission accomplished, I thought.

"Really?  Hey Ray, what do you want to do when you go outside?" Emma asked

"I don't know.  What about you?"

"I wanna ride a giraffe!" I sniggered at the iconic line.

"Good luck," Ray replied sarcastically.

"I wonder... I wonder what this gate is protecting us from." Norman thought aloud.

Pffft... cue the intro.  I thought.  It was nice, seeing the introduction scene right in front of me.  It reminded me of where I am.

.

.

.

.

5 years later (all these time skips, geez)

"Everyone, wake up! Or you'll be late for breakfast!"

Everyone in the room woke up, running around the house to start their day.  Gilda scolded Lannion and Thoma for running around, while the younger ones went crying to Emma to help them get ready. 

I sat up and rubbed my eyes.  It's today, huh...

I quickly got ready and went to the kitchen to help set up the table, greeting Norman and Ray as I saw them.  After a few moments, Emma came into the kitchen carrying Phil, when Thoma and Lannion bumped into Emma, and her face darkened as she chuckled evilly.

"You guys have done it now," she said looking up at them. "I'm... gonna eat you!" She shouted as she chased them out.  I chuckled chaotically at the irony of her words.  I still remember the first time I heard that line after being given an overview of what the show was and crackling at it.

Soon she came back with a hand in her mouth.

"Gweod mhwornning! Norman, Ray, Sparrow!" She said, muffled by Phil's hand.

"Good morning Emma," Norman responded with a smile.

"Good morning Emma," I said, smiling at the familiar scene.

"Gweod mhworning Emma," Ray mocked.

"You're so full of energy even though you haven't had breakfast."

"What are you, five?"

"I'm eleven just like the three of you!" Emma puffed.  She heard a soft chuckling behind her to see a woman with a black dress and an apron on. 

"Emma, I could use a hand here," Mama said, suppressing laughter.

"I can help out," I volunteered, walking up to Mama.

"Thanks, dear."

"Not you too Mama!  I'll have to redo my entrance!" 

I tuned out the rest of the conversation, carrying the bread to the table.  I'd replayed that conversation so many times in my head, I know it by heart at this point. I figured any and all information given by the manga would be important, even these trivial things that were just for the setting.