Identity

(Sparrows POV)

"You bastard, what the hell?!" Ray yelled, grabbing me by the collar.

"You can still run away!" Emma insisted.

"Why did you come back?!" Norman asked, panicked.

"No. I've no intent to run away. You three should listen. I have information." I said. Ray let me go, and I straightened out my collar, then faced the trio. "The other side of the wall was a cliff."

"A cliff?" Emma repeated.

"So they really didn't underestimate us," Norman stated.

"Yeah. It wasn't a height we could jump from. With the cliff, security isn't necessary." I explained.

"So that means we can't escape from the wall?" Emma asked.

"No. There's a way," I said, tearing out my diagram without the escape route I had drawn earlier. "The farm looks like this in a simple diagram. The farm is in a simple hexagonal shape, and a 60-degree angle is formed by the walls between farms. The two plots of land were nearly identical when compared. Which means that was an adjacent farm. If you run across the wall, you'll eventually make it to the bridge connected to a plot that's probably headquarters. There, you can use it to escape."

Suddenly, a knock was heard on the door and Phil opened it. "Sparrow, Mama is calling you," He told me.

"Tell her I'll be there in a few more minutes, and that I'm talking to these guys. She'll understand."

"Okay!"

He left and Emma sighed in relief. "What did you mean by 'She'll understand?'" Norman asked me.

"Oh, I told her I would be letting you guys know about this."

"Oh, ok- wait what?" Emma squeaked. Norman and Ray looked at me in confusion.

"Actually, you and Mama's interactions are weird," Norman noticed. "The other day, when Mama said she loved us all like we were her own, you said that she should've paid attention to her own son before us. How do you know her son? How did you know she even had one?  Also, you looked like you were expecting your shipment when she told you about it. " Norman interrogated. Ray gasped and looked at me.

"Did you really say that? How the hell do you know?" Ray wondered aloud in shock, looking at me.

I looked at them after sighing and quickly made a decision. It would be better if they understood.  Ray was staring at me, like I was a puzzle, while Norman and Emma were looking between us in confusion. I turned to them and explained.

"Ray is Mama's biological son," I explained. "He's a product of the final test they give Mamas, which is giving birth to a child through artificial insemination. He's pretty much a product that replaces the Mamas who don't get eaten."

Norman and Emma gasped, while Ray looked at me. "How did you know that? Did she tell you? Even I didn't know that last part!" He exclaimed.

"Okay, Ray, calm down. I'll tell you, so let me." I sat down, making my voice into one devoid of emotion for my explanation. "I'm dead," I said bluntly after a moment of silence.

"You're... dead?" Norman repeated.

"Yes. Where I come from, I'm dead." Norman gasped.

"Are you saying you... reincarnated?" Norman asked hesitantly, looking unsure. I nodded.

"I died on my way home from school on June 20th, 2021. A drunk driver. The next thing I knew, I was laying in a crib, with Mama hovering over me."