Chapter 3 (Abigail)

When I woke up, I noticed Loki had left, but I did hope that he would return tonight. For the moment, though, I had to go to my usual appointment so to say; tonight was going to be the last time I saw my appointment. If I was going to stay, I was going to start my plan to change now, not later.
    Looking to my phone, I cringed at the time. I had to be there by noon and I never knew when these sessions were going to end. One day, I wasn't able to leave until almost midnight; another I was only there for a few hours and back at home for dinner. With any luck, I would be in and out tonight and he'd accept that we were completely done once and for all.
Yeah, as if it was that easy. The second I got there and told him that I didn't want to continue our agreement, he flipped. He accused me of sleeping with another, even though we stopped having sex after we officially broke up. The first punch wasn't too bad, not even the fifth. I didn't know how many hits I was able to get out, but sooner or later he had overpowered me until he was done.
    I ran as fast as I could, silently praying to the only person I could stand to see at that moment. "Loki! I need you. Please, come back." I repeated those words until I collapsed on a swing at a nearby park.
    My head was pounding and my clothes felt wet, though if it were from blood or sweat I had no idea. "Where are you?" I whispered after a while, finding a way to curl up into myself until I heard Loki's voice and shrunk away from him. My brain wasn't processing much except that I didn't want him to go to my ex, I didn't know what words would be exchanged if any and I didn't want Loki to see me differently. Then again, I looked like a weakling that couldn't even handle my punishments.
    "Evan," I finally whispered as Loki and Thor spoke. "M-my ex...but it's my fault. Not his." I didn't know why I was trying to cover for him, but I knew in a way that I had asked for this. I pushed buttons, I was the bratty one that didn't always listen. But most of all, I couldn't stop him.
    "Where is he?" Loki growled and I had the faintest thought that he was trying to real himself in from exploding.
    Without thinking, I told him the address. "Please, Loki, don't hurt him. It really was my fault." I looked up and he was already gone, but I could see Thor approaching and I stupidly fell backwards off of the swing and cried out in pain.
    "I don't think calling my brother was the best idea if you didn't want revenge." I rolled my eyes at him and tried to stand up.     "Abby, come with me and we'll get you home."
    I shook my head no. "I promised Loki I would stay here. Besides, I knew exactly who I prayed to and you are not him; just back off, please." I whimpered before finally being able to stand up and staggered to a park bench to put more distance between us.
    I wanted Loki because I didn't want to be forced to talk or explain anything. Thor and the others loved to make everyone talk and work things out. Either verbally or physically and I was not in the mood for that right now. I just wanted to feel safe and not pressured to say or do anything; I wanted some crappy show playing while I sipped my hot cocoa. Hell, I'd take a bottle of whiskey at this point.
    We stayed like that for a while before Loki reappeared.
    "What did you do?" I asked softly.
    "Let's not talk about that." Loki was back to talking in his normal cold voice, but this time it didn't bring me any comfort. I was scared. I didn't want to think about how this could be worse or how painful the healing would be. "Come with me, Abby, we'll walk home and I'll follow your lead."
    "Loki, she can't walk." Thor said as he reapproached us.
    "Fuck you." Even that sounded weak as I attempted to stand up again and stumbled a little. I needed to prove I could do this, that even though this was the worst I ever received, I could still take care of myself.
    "Let us be, Brother," Loki said as calmly as he could, trying to figure out how close was too close and how far was too far away in case I collapsed.
    "I will not leave until I know she is safe." Thor told Loki matter of factly.
    "Then meet us at her home and stay out of my way." I didn't bother to look up between them, I didn't have the strength or coordination to be able to do so.
    Once Thor left, Loki and I began to walk again and he kept his promise. We didn't talk and he let me lead the way at my pace, but I knew he was only a few feet away. It felt like an hour had passed by the time we reached the front door and I collapsed again, but this time I didn't have the strength to get up and I felt like I was drifting off to the darkness.
    I didn't know how I got to my bed but when I woke up, I could tell I was in the same clothes as the night before. My entire body was sore and I tried to look around but my vision was blurry. Great, I can just imagine how caked on my makeup will have to be. I thought to myself and started to examine my arms. This was bad. Real bad.
    I looked over in fear when I heard movement on my chair in the corner of my room. Evan wasn't allowed here upon my father's orders and it was the only one I didn't fight him on. With a sigh, I noticed the green and black Asgard robes and knew my worst fear wasn't here.
    "L-Loki?" At the sound of his name, he jerked awake and looked over to me. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." I said quickly and he stood up.
    "Don't apologize. And don't worry, nobody but Thor knows anything and I have a projection up so even if someone would come in they'd just see you on your computer."
    "Thank you." He nodded, but I had a feeling that he had questions for me. "What happened when you went after Evan? What did he tell you?"
    Loki gave me a grin that told me even if my ex said anything he didn't believe a word. "He tried to give me some bull that you requested it, but I think his inner demons are going to be able to change that."
    "That's the thing, I technically did." He gave me a warning glare, not completely from anger but because he didn't believe me. I stood up and sat at my vanity and pulled out all my makeup. I started with my face, trying to hide the flinches from the pain. "Let me explain.
    "About a year or so ago, we broke up. He wasn't too happy but he wasn't angry. Problem was, he was always controlling and I had learned to need that. It goes from what outfit I wear to things I have to do like reading, my homework and so on. If I don't do what I'm told - which normally I do try to disobey even a little because I think it's fun, I get punished.
    "It was going great. I know, at the time I was supposed to be too young to look into this kind of thing but I wanted to know. Turns out it's some kind of kink thing from what others call it. There's a lot of terms and all that, pretty boring unless you actually want to learn about it. He had some anger issues and I thought I could handle it. We made an agreement, sex was...it wasn't supposed to be on the table."
    "Did he force himself on you?" His voice was tight again, he was trying not to scare me but his own anger was flaring again.
    "Last night, yes. It was the first time he went that far. As for the punishments, sometimes it got bad, but never like this. I said I wasn't leaving just yet, but even though I would still be in town I wanted to cut things off. I didn't want our agreement anymore. He accused me of sleeping around and I tried to tell him that nothing was going on with anyone. Just, after talking out some of my issues, I wanted to reevaluate who I am. He didn't like that." I looked down again and continued dabbing makeup on visible bruises.
    "You're hurting because of me?" He questioned softly, but I couldn't quite tell what he was thinking.
    "No! Because of my choices. I just...I needed you to know that some of this is my fault after all." I stood, afraid to see what was underneath my clothing. "I hate to ask, but I might need some help. He used a spiked whip that was also supposed to be off the table."
    He stood up and came behind me. "You're safe, I promise."
    I nodded slowly and removed my t-shirt with a cry of pain. The front of my body looked like it belonged to a punching bag and judging from Loki's face, my back wasn't any better so I turned around and placed my hand over my mouth. I looked like I had tangoed with a cheese grater and that probably would have been safer than what was on my back.
    "There's a first aid kit in my bathroom, would you mind grabbing it? I'll tell you how to clean these wounds."
    He simply nodded and went to grab the first aid kit. "These marks are really bad. Are you sure you don't want to see one of your human doctors?" I nodded and began to tell him how to clean my cuts, doing my best not to scream.
    By the time he was done bandaging me up, I politely excused myself to my closet and finally got fully undressed. My legs were cut as well and I broke down and cried. I cried for my stupidity and for having to practically get half undressed in front of Loki who I was sure could have lived his entire life without having to see me in my bra. I didn't know how long I had broken down for, but I finally picked myself up and reapplied my makeup from my stash in the closet to make sure my facial bruises were once again covered and I put on some shorts and a tank top. I wasn't planning on leaving my room for anything.
    I walked back into my room and sat down on my bed, grabbing my favorite stuffed animal. "Thank you for coming for me. And I promise, I won't ask for you to stay if you don't want to." Though I kind of wish you would. I thought to myself. I felt safe in this moment and I didn't really want to leave the bubble of safety just yet. Hell, I would say or do anything to keep him around even just a little longer so I wouldn't have to listen to the voices in my head and I could focus on something other than the scenes that kept playing in my mind.