25 December - Kashaf

Today was my first day at the academy and I have a strange feeling of freedom. It feels as if this is my first day in life. After all, a life of humiliation is no life at all. Life does not feel so desolate anymore. I know I still have many responsibilities but now I know that I can fulfill them. I can see the path ahead of me clearly.

If I look back at my past, all I see is ugliness and fear. I cannot forsake my past but have to live with it. The hard work I have done in these two years can hardly be forgotten easily. Teaching in school, then tutoring children and then studying my own courses all night. I felt like a machine but all that hard work was necessary. If I hadn't done it then how would I have afforded the expenses of my books? I am happy that my determination did not go to waste and now I feel as if I am floating in the sky. I wish that I pass out from the academy with a distinction. It seems difficult but is in no way impossible and I will do it. I do not want to write anymore. I just want to sleep and sleep because from tomorrow I will have no free time at all.

Sometimes I lose any want for eating, drinking or writing and just want to think and feel my surroundings. That's what I want to do right now. I want to know what it feels like to feel my emotions. Today I will repeat everything, bring back every good and bad thing that happened to me in the past and I know that nothing that occurred to me in my life will be able to sadden me because today I am very happy. I feel like writing "happiness" in bold letters all over the page and then closing my eyes and putting my hands over the word. Then I will ask God, am I happy?