25 April - Kashaf

I have made the greatest decision of my life today. I have decided to marry and that too, with the person who was my least favorite human in the world just a few days ago. He had never been able to change my mind in College but today, somehow, he did it.

When I went to Sir Abrar's house today I didn't have the slightest idea that I would meet him there or that Sir Abrar would talk to me on that topic. The first surprise was when the servant asked me to sit in the lounge while he called Sir. Normally he would take me directly into the study.

He took me into the study a little while later. As soon as I entered the study I knew that Zaroon was present because he has used the same perfume since our days in college and there was a distinct scent in the study. But I couldn't see him anywhere. When I sat down in the chair, I noticed that the car key ring on the table belonged to him. I recognized it because when he came to my office, he placed the same ring on my desk.

There were two cups of coffee on the table. He was probably there and that was why Sir Abrar sent the servant to make me sit in the lounge so that he could hide Zaroon. Then I tried to guess where he could be. Probably in the room next to the study. My guess proved correct in a little while. When sir Abrar started talking about the proposal, I knew why all this drama was happening.

I was not impressed by Sir Abrar's words. I did not doubt his sincerity but I knew he loved Zaroon very much which was the reason he was trying to change my mind. I knew Zaroon was listening so I made my reasons perfectly clear but when he started to speak I was shocked.

He was completely serious and I could sense no lies in his words. He was right. It was possible that the man I would marry would be far from a saint. I couldn't possible be that lucky. If I were to marry that kind of man then there's nothing wrong with marrying Zaroon. I knew that no one is an angel these days. And anyway, marriage is a gamble. I choose to play on Zaroon.

He called a while ago to thank me. I think he wanted to say something else too but suddenly I felt very tired of it all so I ended the call. I am not one of the people who get good things in their life so if this decision turns out to be bad for me, I don't think I'll be very shocked. I am used to problems and tests. What's one more?