02 April - Zaroon

Hey guys, another chapter here. Okay so I have a request to make. I'm starting a new book "BLACK" and those of you who enjoy werewolf/slight romance books, please give it a try. The prologue is up. Thanks!

Today was a tension filled day and it started when mom came to me after breakfast. I was sitting on the terrace, reading a newspaper.

"So Zaroon, what did you think?" She started as soon as she sat down.

"About what?" I really didn't know what she was talking about.

"Your marriage, of course! All of your friends are married and its high time for you to get married too. And anyway, you're in Pakistan these days, so no better time to get married than now."

I took a deep breath and placed the newspaper on the table.

"Yes, you are right, I should marry."

"Oh thank God, you finally understand!" She looked ecstatic at my answer. "Have you already chosen a girl or should I look for one?"

"Yes, I already know who I want to marry."

"Well, tell me her name then. Is she educated? Is she beautiful? What's her family status?" She launched a volley of questions.

"Her name is Kashaf. She was in my class during M.A. These days she is working in Faislabad as an A.C. She works under Arif and as far as her physical appearance is concerned, well I of course, think she's beautiful. You probably won't. She's normal, I guess. I don't know much about her family ecept that she belongs to a middle-class one."

I answered all her questions calmly. However, her facial expression surprised me. "I think you're joking." She said.

"I am perfectly serious. How could you consider this to be a joke?"

"So, that was the girl you waited for all these years." I found her comment insulting.

"I wasn't waiting for anyone. I didn't think about marrying before. Now that I have thought on it, I have told you who my choice."

"Yes, you told me and I heard you. Now you listen to me. What if I reject your choice?"

"You can reject her for yourself, not for me. I will marry her at all costs."

"Look, Zaroon. She isn't beautiful, I don't care. I wouldn't have cared if she wasn't educated. But she should belong to a good family."

"Why should I care about her family background? I will be marrying her, not her family. And she will belong to our family after the wedding."

"You may not care about her family background, but I do. We have to stay in this society. We have a status. A social circle. What will I say when people ask me who I have chosen for my talented son? What will you say when they ask you what quality of her's, you fell in love with? Her common face, her low family background or her middle-class? Tell me, what will you tell them?"

"Her character."I answered without any hesitation.

"Ha! Middle class girls use their so said 'great character' and 'piousness' to trap men like you. If she is so pious then she wouldn't have looked at your face, let alone start a romance with you! She would never even agree to meet you!"

"Then maybe the knowledge that she really doesn't want to look at your son's face will make you happy. And maybe this will make you even happier that she's not the one trying to trap me, I'm the one trying to capture her."

"When she doesn't want to look at you face, how will you make her marry you?" She asked me in a sarcastic tone.

"That is my problem, not yours." I completely ignored her sarcasm.