27 February - Zaroon

A strange thing happened yesterday. That Kashaf Murtaza sat beside me. For a few days, I had been extremely angry with Sir Abrar 'cause he was treating her way too specially. She doesn't scolded on anything. Yesterday she was late to class and Sir Abrar didn't say anything to her, he even permitted her to come in and sit! If me or anyone else was ever late to class, Sir Abrar would would go crazy. All of my anger, however, vapourized the second he told her to come and sit by me. I had saved that seat for Osama because he had gone to the english department to meet with someone. Then he didn't come back 'cause bunking class is better than getting insulted by Sir Abrar. Anyway, she wouldn't come and sit by me and only when Sir Abrar said, "Zaroon, give your sister a place to sit" did she smile and move. I picked up my books from Osama's chair and she came and sat down. Surprisingly, she wasn't nervous at all although most girls get jittery sitting by me. If that doesn't happen, their hands start shaking while noting the lecture (which I really enjoy). She on the other hand was writing confidently and without any shivering. She had a simple handwriting and I noticed when, during the lecture, her ball-point pen stopped working. That was because all my attention was focused towards her. I took out my pen and gave it to her which was returned to me later with a thank you. She didn't smile or even look at me. I await the day when she won't ignore me like now. She will dream about me and feel incomplete without my presence and I know, that day isn't very far.