Chapter Seventeen-M

Heidi

I jolted awake, hearing a somewhat loud knock on my door. I picked up my phone and saw it was 5:43pm, meaning I had slept through most of the day.

I got up with a sigh and walked over, opening it. I expected to see Ben but was shocked to see Evie.

"Hey...?" I frowned a bit, she smiled shyly at me and held out a huge white bag, it looked like it had a dress in it.

"I made this for you, you know for tomorrow, I hope you like it, I took your measurements a few days ago when you were asleep in our room." She smiled handing over the bag. I took it from her, confused as to why she was here after I basically told off her best friend.

"Why are you here...?"

"Can I come in? So we could talk?" She asked after ignoring my question. I still had a small frown on my face but nodded, opened the door wider to let her in.

She walked over to my desk and sat down, motioning me to come over. I closed my door and walked over, sitting down in the little bench beside the desk.

"I know you're upset with Mal, but she had her reasons for wanting to do something nice for you, and no let me talk." she said as she saw me opening my mouth to reply, I glared at her but let her continue.

"I wish I could tell you why she did it but that's something the two of you need to talk out. But honestly.... I hope she doesn't do it tomorrow. Mal has a lot of anger in her heart and all she wants to do is be enough for her mother, but I've tried talking her out of it. Please... I need you to try to talk her out of it, before she does it, I talked to Jay and Carlos, they both agree with me... just promise me, you won't let Ben send us back, please, he loves you and he'll do anything you say, and if he sends us back if Mal fails then it will be so bad for us." She finished, I stared at her as I tried wrapping my head around everything she said.

"I'm sorry I got upset, it's just... the thought of Ben hating me, I could never live with that." I bit the inside of my cheeks, my heart suddenly feeling heavy.

"I know Heidi, so please, try to stop Mal, make her realize how much better things are here." Evie begged. I nodded, and was pulled into a hug, hearing a lot of 'thank you's'.

"I'll come by early tomorrow morning, be sure Ben is gone by 7:30, I don't want to walk in on you two doing the dirty." Evie laughed, I rolled my eyes but laughed as well, my cheeks heating up at the thought.

"Oh and DO NOT look at the dress! I want it to be a surprise for tomorrow. Everyone is going to be speechless!" She smiled with excitement.

Just a second later we heard a few knocks on my door, I shouted a 'come in' and Ben popped his head in a few seconds later, I smiled at him and waved him over. He glanced at Evie in confusion but smiled kindly at her.

"I'll meet you tomorrow morning, bye!" She smiled before leaving quickly.

I got up and walked over to Ben, who was now sitting on my bed just staring at me.

"How was your day?" I smiled before leaning down to kiss him. He pulled me onto his lap and let us fall back, me straddling his waist.

"It was okay, just preparing everything for tomorrow. I honestly can't believe I'll be king, King of Auradon... I'm just missing my queen." He mumbled the last part but kept eye contact. I smiled sadly, everything seemed to be handed to me on a silver platter but it felt as if the plate was steaming hot and I'd get burned in taking it.

"You know I can't Ben...." I smiled sadly.

"How can we be so sure of it? You can rule beside me, be my Queen, I've realized that you are too good to hold the princess status here, you're a Queen, just please be mine." He talked, holding me tight, probably thinking I would get up and leave.