Chapter Twenty Five

*Song is 'The Lighthouse' by Halsey. Enjoy! ;)

ASHER

"Heidi? Come on, wake up, what did he do?" I begged her to wake up, I was shaking and I knew Ben would kill me if something bad happened to her.

Before I could think of what to do next I felt someone's presence close behind me.

I turned and was met with deep pink eyes, I tried looking away but it's like they had this hold on me.

"Asher..." a woman's voice sung out to me. I felt like I was being forced and frozen in place, all I could focus was on the pink eyes in front of me.

"Your true love is Heidi, daughter of Hades. You two were always in love, no one else. There was never King Benjamin." Her voice sounded all around me, those words repeated in my head.

There was never Ben.

She was always mine.

I was always in love with Heidi.

She was always in love with me.

The pink eyes slowly turned red, and before I could process what happened next, my mind went black.

*************

MAL

I was walking out of Curl up and Dye with my new purple hair, that Dizzy so kindly did when I began making my way to Fish and Chips when I saw two people laying in an alley, I would have ignored it, there's always random people knocked out in the streets of the Isle, but the leather jacket looked awfully familiar.

I slowly walked closer and saw Heidi's face more clearly, as well as Asher? What the hell happened.

"Heidi? Asher?" I jogged towards them, and tried shaking Heidi awake. What is she doing here? Why is Asher here?

All of a sudden Asher sat up and he was searching frantically for someone. Once he saw Heidi he immediately relaxed. He turned to me and looked somewhat surprised to see me.

"What happened Asher?"

"I... I don't remember. I followed Heidi here and we saw you walking down the street. I can't remember anything else." He looked so confused but then took Heidi in his arms and gently started begging her to wake up.

Heidi slowly stirred in his arms and after a few more minutes she finally opened her eyes, but almost immediately, I knew something was wrong. Her eyes were almost black. Heidi had bright blue eyes.

"Asher, what happened?" She asked, but she looked at him... as if she was in love with him. But she seemed to be questioning herself, I knew she was confused.

"I don't remember... I just remember we saw Mal walking down the street and then everything is a huge question mark after." He spoke, they both seemed so confused.

"Why are you two here?" I asked.

Heidi was about to answer, but it's like what she was about to say immediately left her mind. What the hell is going on?

"Heidi? What about Ben?" I asked the question I've been dying to ask since Asher took her in his arms and she didn't fight it.

"Ben? What about him?" Heidi asked giving me a confused look. Asher gave me the same look.

"You're together? Basically married to him? Why are you letting Asher hold you?" I asked, Heidi would never do this.